What are you drinking right now?

Old Peculiar
20201220_160845.jpg

The name caught my gaze what can I say:).
This is a beer to be studied!
Dark mysterious yeah maybe I'm talking it up lol. But it is a really great beer the aroma is lovely and it drinks like it's a few % above its weigh in at 5.6 I think % lovely full body toffee dark chocolate/caramel creamy goodness. And Smooooth

Last edited:
Pineapple is probably this beers best description. Today's brew is with some of this beers slurry I'm dialing it back to 29.5c with a half degree swing hoping the yeast dont get all up front on me with this next bunyip.
20201220_165856.jpg

Framgarden Kviek give it a go i say.

Shady Bulins bohemian darkness.
Smell Chocolate taste hmmm chocolate too but with some roast under tones more bitterness than the Czech lager I tasted yesterday but to me it's a pallet cleansing bitterness not biting just a bit back from that makes you salivate for another imbibing:rolleyes:.
20201220_183348.jpg

Ohhgh that is a nice beer:)

Smell Chocolate taste hmmm chocolate too but with some roast under tones more bitterness than the Czech lager I tasted yesterday but to me it's a pallet cleansing bitterness not biting just a bit back from that makes you salivate for another imbibing:rolleyes:.View attachment 13300
There's a local brewery that has a Czech dark lager on year-round that I enjoy. I'm excited to taste it side by side with Shady Boh :)

Smell Chocolate taste hmmm chocolate too but with some roast under tones more bitterness than the Czech lager I tasted yesterday but to me it's a pallet cleansing bitterness not biting just a bit back from that makes you salivate for another imbibing:rolleyes:.View attachment 13300

"Shady Bulin's Bohemian Darkness" I like that!!! If I ever make it big, you can write all my ad copy.

Sampled my Scotch Ale today...nice.

We like BJ's also. Been awhile since we've been able to go. I never knew they packaged beer to go. I may have to stop in!

Always get their Jalapeño burger and house IPA. Been awhile, because we found a great BBQ joint on the away. BJ's AHA discount is nice, but not enough to beat great BBQ.

Ode to Boddingtons. Still figuring out carbonation in the keg as you can see. Probably didn’t wait long enough to try the first pint. Also I didn’t check it today and the psi dropped a little.
867D8AAB-92EA-474F-A39F-5A4BFD9792B4.jpeg

Last edited:
Ode to Boddingtons. Still figuring out carbonation in the keg as you can see. Probably didn’t wait long enough to try the first pint. Also I didn’t check it today and the psi dropped a little. View attachment 13313
If you set and forget at 10psi itll be a week before you see decent carbonation. Rock and roll at 30psi give or take 3-5mins.

20201222_164121.jpg

Iced coffee not beer not bad head though...:rolleyes:
Best lacing I've had on a glass in awhile:D!
20201222_165524.jpg

The usual mid day meds. Just a different glass. Needed some anti freeze before gong out into the cold and doing a deep cleaning of the Traeger. Getting ready for the Christmas bird. Loved the one I did on the rotisserie for Thanksgiving, but keeping with tradition. Have been doing the same cook for Christmas for as far back as I can remember.

Meds.jpg

Almost a perfect color match !

Back