Recent content by JJSG Beer

  1. J

    Gelatin in the yeast

    I usually clear my beer with gelatin two days before kegging. Will the gelatin cause a problem with harvested yeast?
  2. J

    Dry hop with fresh hops

    Thanks everyone. You've confirmed by own thoughts. Fresh hops into the beer today!
  3. J

    Dry hop with fresh hops

    Have you dry hopped with fresh hops? I am concerned about contaminating the beer with whatever might get into the beer along with the hops.
  4. J

    My lager is Flat!!

    I've been kegging my beer for a couple of years. I just tried a lager I made during the winter, but it did not carbonate very well. i used the same recipe and process twice before, and the lager turned out really well. Any reason why my brew is just about flat coming out of the keg? I can...
  5. J

    How old is everybody around here anyway?

    turned 69 yesterday
  6. J

    CaraPils and 2Row

    I'm looking for a recipe for beer using Carpils and 2Row; about equal parts.
  7. J

    Adding hops to beer kit

    bitterness
  8. J

    Adding hops to beer kit

    Now and then I make a Coopers Real Ale kit. I would like to make it a bit more hoppy. I'm looking for recommendations for dry hopping. What kind of hops? how long? in primary or secondary fermenter?
  9. J

    more gas than beer

    Thanks for your help. I just discovered that the problem was a missing o-ring on the liquid side dip tube. I am now enjoying an easily poured home brewed pale ale that includes home grown hops!
  10. J

    more gas than beer

    I only used 30 PSI to be sure the tank was sealed, purged the gas, reset to 12. How do I determine the right hose length? I'll try your suggestions.
  11. J

    more gas than beer

    I'm a new kegger. I had a 4 gallon batch of beer bottled for about three weeks, and when I tested it, it was flat. Not sure of the reason; it was bulk primed, had two weeks of fermenting in the bottle and a week to cool. So, I poured the beer in a keg, sealed the keg with 30psi, and set the...

Back
Top