Connect Ispindel to brewers friend

guilleweb

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi every one, im trying to connect my Ispindel to the brewers friend program but i cant do it.
i dont know how to get the tokken and algo what its the correct service type.
I was trying with the guide that we have in the forum but i dont undertand very well. at this moment im working with ubidots but i would like to merge to brewers friend. kind regards for your time

Hi every one, im trying to connect my Ispindel to the brewers friend program but i cant do it.
i dont know how to get the tokken and algo what its the correct service type.
I was trying with the guide that we have in the forum but i dont undertand very well. at this moment im working with ubidots but i would like to merge to brewers friend. kind regards for your time

The easiest way to do it is to go step-by-step: https://docs.brewersfriend.com/devices/ispindel

Have you tried that?

Now I get my Ispindel connected, but the problem that I have now is the gravity because it's in Plato how can I change it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-25-15-16-37-473_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-03-25-15-16-37-473_com.android.chrome.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_2020-03-25-15-17-20-953_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-03-25-15-17-20-953_com.android.chrome.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 146
Now I get my Ispindel connected, but the problem that I have now is the gravity because it's in Plato how can I change it?
Hi Guilleweb.
Have you had success on that?
I got my ispindel connected to Brewersfriend, but the gravity was the same for the whole session, 1.004 :-(
When I access the Ispindel configuration I can see the gravity correctly, so the issue is between Ispindel and Brewersfriend.
Thanks.

Hi Guilleweb.
Have you had success on that?
I got my ispindel connected to Brewersfriend, but the gravity was the same for the whole session, 1.004 :-(
When I access the Ispindel configuration I can see the gravity correctly, so the issue is between Ispindel and Brewersfriend.
Thanks.

Hey guys, I'm having the same problem. Strongly considering switching to another platform since this is beyond worthless if it doesn't track SG properly.

Any tips on how you resolved this?

Hey guys, so Brewer's Friend expects the gravity to be in Plato since the iSpindel does not send the gravity unit.

https://docs.brewersfriend.com/devices/ispindel#configuration

I can update your existing gravities to SG.

The gravity that is displayed in the charts will be what you have as your default in your account under sugar scale.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/profile/general_settings
Hey Avantassel, this is really interesting.
Is there any way to Brewersfriend receives in Plato but the chart be showed in gravity (some automatic conversion)???
Thanks.

@avantassel Does iSpindel always send it as Plato? If not, and the unit is not included, is there anyway to convert it based on the significant figures and the location of the decimal?

Does the plato value use the format xx.x, and sg use 1.xxx ? If so, it should be easy to convert?

@avantassel Does iSpindel always send it as Plato? If not, and the unit is not included, is there anyway to convert it based on the significant figures and the location of the decimal?

Does the plato value use the format xx.x, and sg use 1.xxx ? If so, it should be easy to convert?
+1 for Pricelessbrewing

@avantassel , it would be great if we could set this kind of configuration in the devices' page.
I want to see the gravity for all my sessions in 1.xxx format, and since I know some device sends the value in Plato, I set for this one a conversion in the configuration page.
Is this possible?

@avantassel , I just found out in brewfather, when you configure a new Ispindel, you have to add "_[SG]" in the end of the Ispindel's name in order to inform brewfather that the number must be converted to 1.xxx.
Would be possible to create something like that (or even easier like a checkbox) here as well?

https://docs.brewfather.app/integrations/ispindel

upload_2020-3-30_16-44-30.png

Is this feature live yet? I am setting up my Ispindel now and would prefer to see it as specific gravity all the way through.

Hello,

I've followed, to the best of my knowledge, connecting my iSpindel to brewerfriends. Is there a way I can see if it is connected? I've tried looking at the cloud link provided with my api, but the page is blank... and yes I've looked after at least 15 minutes.

If I go to my brew sessions, I don't see it in the fermentation tab when I click on the link and then ispindel.

I must be doing something wrong.

Edit: Yes, advice: don't configure while drinking... :) I found what i did wrong. All is working now!!

Thanks for your help!
Keep on brewing,
Eric

Last edited:
Hello,

I've followed, to the best of my knowledge, connecting my iSpindel to brewerfriends. Is there a way I can see if it is connected? I've tried looking at the cloud link provided with my api, but the page is blank... and yes I've looked after at least 15 minutes.

If I go to my brew sessions, I don't see it in the fermentation tab when I click on the link and then ispindel.

I must be doing something wrong.

Edit: Yes, advice: don't configure while drinking... :) I found what i did wrong. All is working now!!

Thanks for your help!
Keep on brewing,
Eric

Glad you got it sorted. I don’t know if I should take your advice to not configure while drinking- I believe that I am much smarter after a few beers. At least, I think so anyway. :)

Back