Newest Article on our Blog

Nice write up. I'm no "Hop Head" but sure do appreciate a well hop driven beer.
My most recent combo is Mosaic Simcoe Galaxy brew I've just tapped coupled with Hornindal Kviek it's really got the tropical fruit flavours going on.

Another hop I've used recently and in the past that took my Fancy is Eureka that's got some great tropical fruit flavours and aromas going on in that pungent little hop I've found.

Galaxy isn't so exy in Aus around $10/100g I find Citra Simcoe and Mosaic can fetch up to $12/100g but that's prob because their grown overseas.

I know alot of hop head in Aus like New Zealand Riwaka another one yet to try eh:).

Great write up.

I have to say, however, that Sorachi Ace is on my "never again" list. The dill flavor was so dominant that I think the hop might be best used not for making beer but in a lemon sauce drizzled over a nice tilapia. :D

Great write up.

I have to say, however, that Sorachi Ace is on my "never again" list. The dill flavor was so dominant that I think the hop might be best used not for making beer but in a lemon sauce drizzled over a nice tilapia. :D
I'm with you there , it's on my nope list as well!

Guess I'm as old fashion as I am old :), and still prefer the traditional C hops over most of the newer varieties I've tried in Pales and IPAs. I will say that, after trying Founder's Mosaic Promise, more than a few times, I do plan on brewing some APAs and IPAs with Mosaic in the mix. Other than that, give me some good old Cascade, Centennial, Chinook, Cluster, CTZ and, as of late, Crystal.

Great write up.

Should have read this yesterday before I placed my hop order. At $2.50 for 8oz it's cheap enough for experimenting with I guess. Maybe will give that lemon sauce a try! Maybe in a potato salad?;)

Should have read this yesterday before I placed my hop order. At $2.50 for 8oz it's cheap enough for experimenting with I guess. Maybe will give that lemon sauce a try! Maybe in a potato salad?;)
I think it would be great in a Gose.

Excellent idea! Been considering brewing one some time. If done correctly would make a good refreshing yardwork beer. In the class of say Founders green zebra watermelon gose.

Lol.
My SA addition was late (at 4 minutes to be exact) so flavor and aroma remained. If used early in the boil as a bittering addition you may not get the dill at all. I'll never know however, as I won't buy it again! :D
Would love to hear your experience with it, especially if it ends up in the potato salad!!

Magnum, Cascade, and Centennial are my go tos for hoppy beers. For German styles I love me some Tettnang.

Back