API to Import Fermentation Data

OrbDog

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to import my historical fermentation temps I've collected through a 3rd party device (Thermoworks Signal). I can place the data into the required CSV format, but I need some help with how to actually post it. Using a web browser to access my API as provided in my profile ( https://log.brewersfriend.com/stream/<API KEY>), is returning:
{"message":"success","devices":[]}

Would I need a separate program or macro to post each reading to the URL, do I pass an array, etc? I'm learning PYTHON and know Excel VBA quite well, so I could go that route. Any example code/macros would be appreciated.

Also, is the Old API format still supported? I ask because it seems only its method supports the "created_at" tag, which I would use to time-tag the old temperature readings. Is there another method to time-tag historical data?

Thanx!

Sorry, I haven't interacted too much with the API's we have available. @Yooper, are you able to answer this?

I can’t answer it, but I put the question to people much smarter than I am, and I will let you know!

Thanks for the feedback, all!

@Yooper Thanks for escalating the question & hope the developers can shed some light. I’ll be standing by ;-)

@Ward Chillington Yes, the alphabet soup can sound tasty. Let me know when you brew your API ;-p

Back