The continuing saga of my system 2.0...quick disconnects...

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
What have you been using for quick disconnect fittings?

Been looking at cam locks and the Blichmann fittings, have also looked at the Kent systems 1/4 turn quick connects...

What's the consensus around here as far as handy and easy to clean?

Last edited:
The ball lock quick connects (not the ones for kegs!) work well for me. I installed a tri-clover at my mash tun to keep the system from sucking in air and if I had to replumb the entire system, everything would be tri-clover.

Added camlocks to the system a few months ago. I find them really easy to use. No experience with the alternatives, so there may be better. Though the camlocks definitely do the job.

I agree with Nosy, tri-clamps are the best. They seal nice, go together and apart quickly and are easy to clean. The problem is that they aren’t always available on a homebrewing equipment.

They are becoming more common place in homebrewing, pro’s use them almost exclusively.

I agree with Nosy, tri-clamps are the best. They seal nice, go together and apart quickly and are easy to clean. The problem is that they aren’t always available on a homebrewing equipment.

They are becoming more common place in homebrewing, pro’s use them almost exclusively.

They were on almost every piece of milking equipment on the farm. Nice, just kinda pricey to convert to.

I am happy with camlock fittings, they do the job and are very economical

Camlocks here Bulin a nice silicon washer snubs them cams right up:).

Going to try the Kent Systems disconnects, like the twist lock design and they can always be upgraded ti tri-clamp later as budget allows.
The price is nice for sure! I haven't seen them before but looks like they'll work. Let us know how well they work and hold up. For the $ though, they are easily replaceable.

I use tri-clamp and camlocks on an almost daily basis, and have some tri-clamp fittings on some brew equipment and they work very well and hold up. That said, I think I prefer the ease of cams. I really think this comes down to preference and what you can get. I have to order tri-clamp, but I can buy camlock stuff locally.

Well I have assembled the system and installed the Kent fittings. So far so good, no leaks on the test run. I'll do a step by step rundown of the first time with the new system when I brew with it(sometime this week, I've already been told I'll probably be off 2 or 3 days in the middle of the week).

Ran Blonde on Blonde last night, missed gravity bad, added DME just to get it in the workable range. Made corrections for efficiency and water loss, ran my new "Caz Red" today, final volume was within a pint and OG was spot on.

The quick fittings worked fantastic...with pellet hops, plugged almost immediately with whole hops(maybe should have used a hop screen).

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/957478/caz-red

Back