New system is coming together...

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Won't be long now, just need to run some lines and run a "wet" run with water to check for leaks and calculate system loss. Then I'll be a good cleaning away from back in business!!!
IMG950246.jpg

You sir have peaked my interest. Recipe that can be shared?

Czech lagers are making a grand come back, I have yet to partake. But a dark... I may have to experience this train ride.

You sir have peaked my interest. Recipe that can be shared?

Czech lagers are making a grand come back, I have yet to partake. But a dark... I may have to experience this train ride.

Shady Bohemian is shared on this site. One of my better efforts I think.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/851263/shady-bohemian

You could substitute Saaz for the Kazbeck if you have a hard time finding it. I know Cluster isn't style correct, but I like what it brings to the table in this one.

Well I just finished the leak test. I found that after 30 minutes of circulating chlorinated pipeline detergent solution that the Mark II was leaking just a bit(looks like I may have messed up the threads when I put on the ball valve, didn't spin on hard though???) Ordered a stainless head and a new gasket, should solve the problem.

Anyway, looks like between the mash tun and the HLT I have only about 3 quarts of dead space and the "True Weldless Bulkheads" from Brewhardware.com worked PERFECTLY. Going to let it completely gravity drain then flush the system with water to git the chlorine out. May run the kettle up to a boil to test my hood.

" have only about 3 quarts of dead space"

did you use Dip tube?

Well I just finished the leak test. I found that after 30 minutes of circulating chlorinated pipeline detergent solution that the Mark II was leaking just a bit(looks like I may have messed up the threads when I put on the ball valve, didn't spin on hard though???) Ordered a stainless head and a new gasket, should solve the problem.

Anyway, looks like between the mash tun and the HLT I have only about 3 quarts of dead space and the "True Weldless Bulkheads" from Brewhardware.com worked PERFECTLY. Going to let it completely gravity drain then flush the system with water to git the chlorine out. May run the kettle up to a boil to test my hood.

Had the same problem with the MKII, but got it sorted out only to drop it and break the original head and ended up replacing with the SS one. If you got the 25 watt model you have a great little pump.

Had the same problem with the MKII, but got it sorted out only to drop it and break the original head and ended up replacing with the SS one. If you got the 25 watt model you have a great little pump.

Yes, the 25 watt one, also have a 230v March MDXT-3(waiting to hear back from March as to whether I can replace the wet end with one that will fit an 815 looks to be the same back end to me). If that works, I will add a second pump(maybe I'll add another either way, haven't decided yet).

Like to think that growing up on a dairy farm, I came into this with a pretty solid base of knowledge as far as handling food grade liquid safely and cleaning/sanitizing equipment for use(I probably go a little over the top with my cleaning before use, had it drilled into my head as a kid how important it was that the milk stuff was clean).

I use two pumps, one for wort, and one for liquor

Back