New system is coming together...

Ok, now with 2 pumps and cam lock fittings(the Kent ones restricted the flow too much). Wired, leak tested and ready to go. Dirty Bohemian in the next few days to dial in.
8A31DC3F-4D00-4089-BC7B-CE5EDC242D51.jpeg
E1C888E0-E844-4C5D-B89C-20233F4BD87C.jpeg
84B73EC7-0884-4D88-8F44-4B58DC361ABE.jpeg
604265C2-CC0C-4899-A1C6-BB93C844B2F7.jpeg

Pumps, and switches, and hoses! I like it!

Adjusted the rollers down on my Hullwrecker to .030" (they were around .045" from the factory). Going to assume 70% efficiency and make adjustments on the fly to hit target OG and IBUs.
Is that mash In a basket or bag if bag you can go fine that will increase efficiency more looking good btw very pro

Like the splash guard ;)

Is that mash In a basket or bag if bag you can go fine that will increase efficiency more looking good btw very pro

Like the splash guard ;)

I use a Concord Kettles false bottom in the mash tun, I don't THINK I'm going to have any problems, hope to find out this week. Going to get a starter going tomorrow.

So far, less dead space and better mash efficiency than I expected, hit pre boil gravity despite having only about 1.5 gallons of losses from dead space and grain absorption. Think I'm going to go back to using a bucket of sanitizer for my chiller. Dropped the kettle below boiling when I put the chiller in and probably threw of my OG.

I used to pause my timer when dropping the IC in and restart it when the wort came back to a boil. Quit doing that and adjusted my equipment profile to reflect the actual post boil volume and OG is spot on now. Whatever you do, consistency is the ticket.

I used to pause my timer when dropping the IC in and restart it when the wort came back to a boil. Quit doing that and adjusted my equipment profile to reflect the actual post boil volume and OG is spot on now. Whatever you do, consistency is the ticket.
Amen Bob same here I was going to chime in but hesitated.
I'd stick with boiling the IC coil best form of sanitation. Just record efficiency and adjust recipies to reflect reduced boil off therefore reduced FG through less evaporation or just do 70min boils.

What I do is drop Coil in at 15to go boost both elements full ball and eye the kettle untill i see boil returning then reduce both elements back to where they were. I'd say it takes 5min to hit boil again therefore giving the coil 10mins sanitation.
Also I switch pump back on at same time.

Back