Dirty Bohemian...take 4, I think this is the one I'm looking for.

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Think this is going to be the final answer...a little less Dextrine, a little more Red Active, a touch of Midnight Wheat(color) and shift the IBUs a touch more toward Saaz(VERY minor adjustment). Batch I just tapped is VERY good...but I've had a better Czech Amber(and that simply will not do LOL).

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/851265/dirty-bohemian

Curious what your water is like...
...and what Czech Amber you are using for comparison.
Being not far from the Czech border, thinking of starting to brew some lagers this year and liking the looks of your recipe... :D

That seems like a lot of dextrine malt for any beer but maybe that's just me...

Curious what your water is like...
...and what Czech Amber you are using for comparison.
Being not far from the Czech border, thinking of starting to brew some lagers this year and liking the looks of your recipe... :D

Actually the first two versions were pale...turned into an amber when I added the red active malt. That was just because I wanted see how it tasted... Like it so far.

That seems like a lot of dextrine malt for any beer but maybe that's just me...

Probably, I'm still learning and my recipes evolve a little each brew.

Actually the first two versions were pale...turned into an amber when I added the red active malt. That was just because I wanted see how it tasted... Like it so far.

Probably, I'm still learning and my recipes evolve a little each brew.
You could try Munich light malt in substitute of your dexrin malt for a twist or what I've been using in my lagers of late carahell give the beer a lovely golden colour.

As far as the water goes. That's a good question...I fill my water containers from the milkhouse faucet at my parents farm. I know the well has always tested free of any pollutants and a little on the hard side. I believe calcium would be the main reason. Lot of sedimentary rock in the area.

Back