Ok, Setting up my Tilt

Texas Ale Works

Premium Member
Reaction score
I got my Pi 3 B+ today and want to set it up for my Tilt.

DO I need to start with the NOOBS then add the Tilt Pi image, or just load Tilt Pi.

Thanks

T

Hello folks ... tilt pi question. I seem to be logging ok to my profil, but it's not showing on the device map. Am i missing a setting someplace ?

Thank you

Mike

Hmmmm, I can see myself there. Look through your general settings and make sure that they all seem to be correct with your location. I can’t think why you wouldn’t show up.

In my profile here I did update "my location".. reloaded after sending a report from the Rpi. Nothing yet. I did also check the Tilt settings and there didn't seem to be anything there for location. Dumb question as I am not a programmer .... do I need to be forwarding this via "json" to get it to register ? It posts beautifully to my brew sessions ... and I love it !

In my profile here I did update "my location".. reloaded after sending a report from the Rpi. Nothing yet. I did also check the Tilt settings and there didn't seem to be anything there for location. Dumb question as I am not a programmer .... do I need to be forwarding this via "json" to get it to register ? It posts beautifully to my brew sessions ... and I love it !
I can't see it being a problem with your Tilt Pi setup. My guess would be that your Raspberry Pi doesn't know where it is in the world, so can't supply the address (or it thinks it's somewhere other than it is and you can't find it on the map), or you've got a weird IP address (computer version of a mailing address) and the device map can't understand it.

Mark, thank you. The Rpi was set to GB. I corrected the setting, rebooted and resent the data. I also set the "wifi" setting to US
It posted but doesn't show up on the "device map" as of yet.
The network LAN IP looks to be valid 192.168.x.xx/xx on the Rpi, it's hard wired or are you looking for the address from router IP address from my provider ? (the later I imagine)

A thought / question after posting. Should it show all the devices I have going (2 at the moment) or does it just show the provider IP ?

I'm guessing here.

I've found my device on the map and it's so close to where I live I don't think it's IP address geolocation.I thought that wasn't that precise.

So I think the map uses some longitude and latitude function that the pi is supplying. I'm guessing yours is supplying no data, or data far enough away you don't recognise it.

I was actually thinking of requesting an address anonymizing option for that device map as I get paranoid occasionally. Something like Strava provides for hiding end of ride location.

Back