Recipe not saving

lukesoler@yahoo.com

Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried editing an existing recipe I created yesterday and nothing I change will stay saved. I've tried to change the hop schedule several times and it will save initially but if I check to make sure it reverts back to the unedited version. I've tried to just adjust the brewhouse efficiency from 55 to 63 and again it saves initially but if I go to "my recipes" and refresh the page several times it will eventually revert to the original recipe????? Any ideas? This is driving me crazy.

Last edited:
That's not good! Could you let @Yooper and myself know what recipe you're having issues with? Was the issue isolated to that one recipe, or are multiple recipe affected?

probably that gremlin saving issue that happens from time to time with no rhyme or reason...

probably that gremlin saving issue that happens from time to time with no rhyme or reason...
That's what I was expecting, but OP said they we're saving it, then going to my recipes and after an indeterminate time it would revert to the old version which sounds like it might be an unrelated bug.

The most common cause for this issue is to have two browser windows open in the recipe builder, and “auto save” checked on. Make sure that you don’t have two browser windows open, and then auto save works great. It sounds like this is the issue, that the auto save in the unused window is overriding the saved recipe in the window being used. Check that first, and if the problem is still occurring, please let us know ASAP so we can look into the log and see if there is a bug there. Thank you!

The most common cause for this issue is to have two browser windows open in the recipe builder, and “auto save” checked on. Make sure that you don’t have two browser windows open, and then auto save works great. It sounds like this is the issue, that the auto save in the unused window is overriding the saved recipe in the window being used. Check that first, and if the problem is still occurring, please let us know ASAP so we can look into the log and see if there is a bug there. Thank you!
Could a pop up be developed/implemented to indicate that multiple pages are open, and advise the user accordingly?

or to be even more proactive, have a warning pop up when a second or more windows open, that a save cannot be performed (or something to that effect)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies, sorry I stepped away from the site for a few days. I decided to leave it be for a few days and come back to it. I altered the recipe again this morning and it all save permanently! Maybe just a fluke? Not sure as I did everything exactly the same but, its working perfectly now so.....Happy Brewing!!

Could a pop up be developed/implemented to indicate that multiple pages are open, and advise the user accordingly?

or to be even more proactive, have a warning pop up when a second or more windows open, that a save cannot be performed (or something to that effect)

I’m wondering how that would work. So many people do have multiple windows open, but I never do so I can’t picture how the warning would work- or even if it would work without locking up a customer’s computer. That’s worth thinking about for sure.

I’m wondering how that would work. So many people do have multiple windows open, but I never do so I can’t picture how the warning would work- or even if it would work without locking up a customer’s computer. That’s worth thinking about for sure.
It's one of those things that's a fair bit of work if you've got your server side set up to support this (sockets, streaming, blah blah technobabble). If you haven't, then it's a lot of work, though it's easier now than it was a few years ago.

Having this issue right now, was trying to remove lactic acid, and update with acidulated malt. The acid kept coming back after deleting, and saving, and then I got this
Screenshot_20191222-121200_Chrome.jpg

Thanks craig, I opened that recipe and was able to remove the lactic acid. Did closing and opening solve this occurance for you?

@Yooper could we submit a ticket to make this error more specific, and list the ingredient name and unit causing the issue?

@Pricelessbrewing , @Yooper
There is a bigger issue here, I again tried to work through this, and still was not able to remove the lactic acid (it came back each time).
My solution however was to unlink the water profile.
Having done this I find that what I had asked for some time ago has actually been implemented, and works perfectly.
There is no need to link to a water profile, just making recipe adjustments to water salts etc., provides the results rith in the recipe.
So there does seem to be some conflict between a liinked water profile and a recipe, but I am happy to report that linking a report to a recipe now seems completely unnecessary.
I will be unlinking all of my recipes from their water profiles as I brew them.
Happy brewing!

Most of my recipes have linked water profiles. I'll take note if there is one if I hit this error again.

I wonder if it's the water profile linking having problems with the each unit of measure for the camden tablets. It's a similar set up for the recipes where I've seen the problem.

@Pricelessbrewing , @Yooper
There is a bigger issue here, I again tried to work through this, and still was not able to remove the lactic acid (it came back each time).
My solution however was to unlink the water profile.
Having done this I find that what I had asked for some time ago has actually been implemented, and works perfectly.
There is no need to link to a water profile, just making recipe adjustments to water salts etc., provides the results rith in the recipe.
So there does seem to be some conflict between a liinked water profile and a recipe, but I am happy to report that linking a report to a recipe now seems completely unnecessary.
I will be unlinking all of my recipes from their water profiles as I brew them.
Happy brewing!
Let us know if you have any further issues with this phantom error after unlinking them, or if you go a long period without any issues. I'll keep that in mind for my own testing as well.

Let us know if you have any further issues with this phantom error after unlinking them, or if you go a long period without any issues. I'll keep that in mind for my own testing as well.
Will do!

I just had an issue with saving a recipe again. I was updating the notes section, I didn't make any changes to hops.
Screenshot_20200510-105102_Chrome.jpg

I went back in to edit the notes again, and had no issue this time. There is still some kind of intermittent gremlin going on there.

Back