Recipe ingredients displaying inventory availability

+1
Recipe suggestions would be unrelated to this feature request.

I think he means in recipe view mode.
It would be quick and easy to make a shopping list if inventory was listed in the recipe view mode.
View attachment 7866
Just wondering if there has been any traction on this? I am currently trying to decide what I am going to brew next. Looking at my recipes, and flipping back and forth between recipes, and inventory.

Woops! Sorry for the delay everyone, here's a quick edit of what I was thinking.

Attachments

• inventory on recipe page.png
    inventory on recipe page.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Added a mockup for improving recipe suggestions - Add a radio for searching only your recipes, and showing the % of recipe that are available as ingredients. Note: This should be reflective of what ingredient categories are being included. If you only have fermentables checked, then the % should only include the fermentables.

Attachments

• Recipe Suggestions - My Recipes toggle and % of recipe available.png
    Recipe Suggestions - My Recipes toggle and % of recipe available.png
    26 KB · Views: 101
If the users, and @Yooper, think that works, then I'll submit the requests for them.

Added a mockup for improving recipe suggestions - Add a radio for searching only your recipes, and showing the % of recipe that are available as ingredients. Note: This should be reflective of what ingredient categories are being included. If you only have fermentables checked, then the % should only include the fermentables.
I don't oppose this at all. Not sure that I would use it, but as long as it doesn't interfere with any site functionality I say why not.

I don't oppose this at all. Not sure that I would use it, but as long as it doesn't interfere with any site functionality I say why not.
Ditto that, although I'd still rather see the development time put toward late sugar additions.

I’m not opposed to that, and I love being able to search only your recipes if you choose!

Hmm interesting, I thought it'd be more useful for you, and those that keep a large inventory on hand.

The thought was that you'd be able to see what recipes are ready to brew with what you have, all at once. I thought it would immediately sold your problem of having to open multiple tabs/windows and going back and forth to pick a brewable recipe.

Is there any easier/better way to improve that workflow?

Ditto that, although I'd still rather see the development time put toward late sugar additions.
Like yooper said, it's close. We've just got a couple things to iron out, once it's ready I'll post over on the beta forum for public testing before launching it to the live site.

Hmm interesting, I thought it'd be more useful for you, and those that keep a large inventory on hand.

The thought was that you'd be able to see what recipes are ready to brew with what you have, all at once. I thought it would immediately sold your problem of having to open multiple tabs/windows and going back and forth to pick a brewable recipe.

Is there any easier/better way to improve that workflow?
At a glance I am interested to see what I need to brew a recipe, as opposed to what I can brew based on what I have.

At a glance I am interested to see what I need to brew a recipe, as opposed to what I can brew based on what I have.
That direction makes more sense. There are just too many combinations going the other way but consider this: The exact same grist can be used to make an American Lager, a Pils, a Helles, a Pale Ale, a Blonde Ale, Koelsch, a British Golden, a Saison....

So for example you're looking at a specific recipe, and comparing the ingredient list to what you have in inventory and looking for what's missing, or what needs to be added to a shopping list?

So just adding the inventory amounts to the recipe view should make that easier right?

Yes, I don't do the shopping list thing, I just make a list on a piece of paper.
I don't have to keep swiping the paper every 30 seconds to wake it up when I am gathering my purchases together at the brew shop.
Not to mention that if I drop the piece of paper on a concrete floor it won't shatter like a phone might...

Showing my age, I, too prefer paper. I generally print the recipe then check off things as I buy them.

@Nosybear I've opened the late additions update for public testing. It's not 100% done, but I wanted to keep things open and get some more feedback from those interested in that feature to make sure what we're doing is supporting what they needed.

Back