Color of Steeping Grains

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Opened an extract brew to decide if what I have in the basement will work and made this interesting discovery:

upload_2019-11-13_18-7-42.png

I'm trying to estimate the likelihood that ALL of my steeping grains have exactly the same ppg, degrees Lovibond and grain bill percentage....

Y'all might want to look into that.

By the way, the grain characteristics in the all-grain version look a bit more reasonable.

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-13_18-10-48.png
    upload_2019-11-13_18-10-48.png
    761.7 KB · Views: 74
Huh. That doesn’t make any sense as you know- the grains are the same. I’ll put in a ticket for this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Huh. That doesn’t make any sense as you know- the grains are the same. I’ll put in a ticket for this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
I was pretty certain it didn't make sense.... ;) The all-grain version had the correct PPG, colors and percentages. Cheers!

I’ve tried and tried- and can NOT get it to do it for me. What browser are you using? I’m using chrome, and it works every time for me. (A good thing, but not in those case!).

I’ve tried and tried- and can NOT get it to do it for me. What browser are you using? I’m using chrome, and it works every time for me. (A good thing, but not in those case!).
Firefox on a Microsoft Surface. I'll open the recipe in Chrome and see if it works.

It's doing it on my phone, too, S8 running Chrome as the browser. It looks like whatever failed is in the database already. I can try reentering the recipe.

I just re-entered the recipe by hand on my Surface using Chrome as browser - same thing happened. This time it stuck on the Crystal 40. Last time it stuck on the German Chocolate Rye.

Awesome! Well, not awesome that it is happening, but great that you could provide such great testing results. I’ve put in a ticket for this and will keep you posted. Thank you so much for spending the time to help us get to the bottom of the issue so that it could be fixed. We really appreciate you.

I just re-entered the recipe by hand on my Surface using Chrome as browser - same thing happened. This time it stuck on the Crystal 40. Last time it stuck on the German Chocolate Rye.

The fix is being deployed in the next hour. @Nosybear when you get a chance (after 9:45 PM EST) if you could check again and make sure it’s fixed for you, that would be great!

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the time and effort you put into helping us diagnose and fix it.

Cheers!

Back