Best Ipa in Colorado

4Bentley

Trial Member
Reaction score
So I grew up in the denver area before craft beer. I am visiting family but not able to visit breweries this time. Can you recommend the best ipa (not hazy) that I can now get in the grocery stores?

Ranger is still a good IPA. There are lots of craft breweries here and most have more than one IPA.

Didn't New Belgium sell out to someone?
Nope. But Native Ipa is owned by Miller/Coors and is only brewed and distributed here using all Colorado ingredients and it's a damn good Ipa. Easily found here.

Odell's Ipa is one of my favorites. Telluride and Station 26 also have very good ipa's that are easily found.

Ok thanks for the suggestions. Of course there were multiple choices available in some selections. I hope I made a good one. I'm thirsty

Ok thanks for the suggestions. Of course there were multiple choices available in some selections. I hope I made a good one. I'm thirsty
Have fun being back in Colorado!

Coming back to this because New Belgium sold to Kirin today. Japanese based I believe.

Wow! That's a surprise.

I won't do them again because they are now big beer. It is a solid ipa. I'm just partial to my own and ones that have a dominate hop flavor. Bubble stash comes to mind.

Just moved to Denver last week and the number of local breweries within walking distance is insane. I feel like I moved to paradise.
I’m jealous....
I’ve not been there in 15 years or so. Actually was running a construction project near Commerce City, but headed into Denver and Boulder whenever I could. Beautiful country for sure. You’ll have to hook up with @Nosybear as he’s familiar with all the local brewing scene. Hope to get back there in the next few years.

I'm out in Aurora. Dry Dock is my "home" brewery but Bent Barley is giving them a run, probably since they're in walking distance of us.

Back