Extract Brew Log

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm doing an extract-steep recipe today and noticed an omission: There is no "Wort Complete" brew log entry! I would like to record my pre-boil gravity and pH in the Brew Session but due to this omission, can't. Likewise, "Boil Complete" is a valid entry for extract brewing as well but not available when using "extract" as the type of brew. I'd like to see these options added to the "Extract" brew log.

I just saw this, so I apologize @Nosybear . I was traveling over the weekend.

Is it possible for you to give a screenshot or two here, so I can copy it into a ticket for support? I’ll add it right away.

Not a problem! I'm putting in a screen shot but it's not very informative. The issue is the only brew day entry for extract is brew day complete. Well, as a bit more than a beginner, I like to know what wort I've made so I'd like to see something to capture what I boiled, either a "Wort Complete" or "Pre-Boil" entry in the brew log. It's largely record keeping, what I started boiling vs. what I ended up with. Here's the screen shot:

upload_2019-11-6_7-38-3.png

There's no need to calculate much of anything, it's just a record of the wort. I have that in my paper files but it would be nice to have here.

At the least, you should be able to log entries for "pre-boil gravity", "post-boil gravity", boil complete, and fast ferment test if desired. Really all of them except mash should be available.

That's what I expected but they were not. I can send you screen shots of the drop down.

Okay, here's what I'm seeing when I try to make a log entry for my extract brew. Top half of the dropdown:

upload_2019-11-9_8-30-11.png

And here's the bottom half:

upload_2019-11-9_8-30-51.png

Nowhere do I see preboil gravity or "Wort Complete". I have my notes on paper so I know what the values are but it would be nice to store them here for extract batches.

Okay, here's what I'm seeing when I try to make a log entry for my extract brew. Top half of the dropdown:

View attachment 7832

And here's the bottom half:

View attachment 7833

Nowhere do I see preboil gravity or "Wort Complete". I have my notes on paper so I know what the values are but it would be nice to store them here for extract batches.

Totally agree, was just making a note on what I thought should be included (everything but mash entries), not suggesting that those are currently present but you're not seeing them is a bug. Sorry I wasn't clear!

Totally agree, was just making a note on what I thought should be included (everything but mash entries), not suggesting that those are currently present but you're not seeing them is a bug. Sorry I wasn't clear!
No problem. Clarity on what we're asking for is of benefit to both you and us. Thinking about it, there's no need to document the steep step (although some purists might disagree). All that's really needed is pre-boil records, post-boil records and brew day complete.

I did an extract brew today. Normally I do all grain, and I noticed there was no Pre-Boil Gravity in the drop down for log entries. I ended up using Sample, but I know when I all grain brew, there is a drop down for Pre-Boil Gravity.

Back