Brew groups

nununene

Trial Member
Reaction score
According to my membership I should be able to join a brew group.

upload_2019-10-29_16-39-57.png

I would like to join a local group but I don't have any idea how to do it. Also, if there isn't a group in my area, is it possible to create one of my own?

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-29_16-37-34.png
    upload_2019-10-29_16-37-34.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 155
So are premium members now able to do brewer groups then? Some of us have been dabbling in a community type brew. This is interesting. I'm curious myself now.

I’m curious about what that means also. It seems different from local brew clubs, which I highly recommend joining.

As far as I understand when it was tested, but this may have changed, the premium members can "join" but really that means "accept an invite". At the time there was no way to search or find a group.

Only premium plus members could create groups, or invite premium members to join.

The groups allow members to share recipes, collaborate, and have a share inventory if desired.

Any part of this may have changed from the time it was tested however.

Yeah that's what I read that this newly created it seems premium plus membership can access this (group) thing.

I wonder if lifetime members can?

With all the issues going on, it’s obviously a money grab. They keep rolling things out without proving they actually work and letting paying members do all the debugging for them. Next renewal, I will be sporting the benefits of “Trial Membership” as I can find a lot better things to do with the money. To me, the best part of BF is the community, not the hyped up product.

*wonder how long the forums and calculators will be free*

Well, I just went and dug a bit deeper, and there is a tiny grayed question mark by the "joining member groups" in the list. If you click on it, it will tell you that it's basically an invite type of deal to join a group. Catch is "invite".
Maybe I'm just too negative these days, but that seems very deceptive to me. This thread being a fine example.

Well, I just went and dug a bit deeper, and there is a tiny grayed question mark by the "joining member groups" in the list. If you click on it, it will tell you that it's basically an invite type of deal to join a group. Catch is "invite".
Maybe I'm just too negative these days, but that seems very deceptive to me. This thread being a fine example.
The catch is who can do the inviting? I haven't tried....

They keep rolling things out without proving they actually work and letting paying members do all the debugging for them.
I've actually joined the BF team as an official tester, and I'm hopeful that we will be working together to ensure things are tested and in a good place in beta before rolling out changes to the live version.

I've actually joined the BF team as an official tester, and I'm hopeful that we will be working together to ensure things are tested and in a good place in beta before rolling out changes to the live version.
With all due respect, that’s been in place for a while, yet the results are they are not coming fast enough. Admittedly I don’t participate in the beta too much, but I don’t use the program to brew beer with either. I’m a simple 3 vessel brewer, and I only use the calculators on this site (yeast pitch, ABV, and Mash Infusion). And even though they are free (at least I think they are), I have stayed a “Premium” member mostly because I enjoy the forum community. But I’ve been frequenting these forums for quite sometime now, and the last 6 months (since upgrade was first implemented), the forums are full of complaints and gripes about the program.

Sorry for digressing, but the old saying of “Perception is Reality” holds true. It matters not what your intentions are, it matters what the recipients’ perceptions are. I think BF is scrambling and realizes the errors and are working hard to correct the problems, but in the meantime, they have to realize that there are members that are frustrated with the program and are hearing that they are working on it, but then they roll out these new features for paying even more money... hence, Money Grab. At least that’s my perception. ;)

Amen ¡
Its a beer brewing forum not a tech IT fix up forum.

Back