How to Move a Recipe

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Trying to move a recipe from one folder to another. It used to be so easy - drag and drop. Now I can't seem to drag anything. So can we reinstate drag-and-drop and in the mean time, can you tell me how to move a recipe between folders?

Have you tried cutting and pasting? Maybe safer to copy and paste and then delete from the old location if you are successful.

Trying to move a recipe from one folder to another. It used to be so easy - drag and drop. Now I can't seem to drag anything. So can we reinstate drag-and-drop and in the mean time, can you tell me how to move a recipe between folders?
Click left on the recipe ( holding it down) while dragging to a new folder. It will show " moving " when you are dragging it .

Click left on the recipe ( holding it down) while dragging to a new folder. It will show " moving " when you are dragging it .
That's what I was trying but I was trying it with a Microsoft Surface. Pen didn't work that way, nor did my finger. I have a mouse for the machine, will try that later today.

Might have been something about the Surface. Haven't tried moving info with the mouse.

Might have been something about the Surface. Haven't tried moving info with the mouse.

Let us know if this continues. I don't have a Surface to try to recreate, but if it continues we'll see what we can do.

Let me try that right now.... On a regular laptop with a mouse, worked like a champ. Must be something to do with the Surface and its touchscreen.

Okay, I hooked a mouse up to the Surface and it too works like a champ. The recipe moving issue has something to do with the touchscreen and the Surface pen. Only issue is the mouse I use ties up the only USB port I have on the danged device, a good little computer otherwise....

I can't expect you to support every piece of equipment out there so prioritize this one very low, if at all. I have an acceptable work-around.

Back