OG Off?

MiketheB

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
This is my first Q. Yahhooo! I just finished a brew called Cascade Double IPA (It is online if anyone would like to look: MiketheB). My question: My OG was way off; Brewers Friend said 1.078. I got 1.058...

I was partial mashing; mashed 45 min. Added 14 qts of water after...I was making a 2+ batch. I experimented w/ overnight cooling - Australian style... Added 1 packet of US-05. I checked the OG with a refractometer before I pitched the yeast...then aeration with a paddle. Can any of you guys (and gals) help me out!

Last edited:
This is my first Q. Yahhooo! I just finished a brew called Cascade Double IPA (It is online if anyone would like to look: MiketheB). My question: My OG was way off; Brewers Friend said 1.078. I got 1.058...

I was partial mashing; mashed 45 min. Added 14 qts of water after...I was making a 2+ batch. I experimented w/ overnight cooling - Australian style... Added 1 packet of US-05. I checked the OG with a refractometer before I pitched the yeast...then aeration with a paddle. Can any of you guys (and gals) help me out!
Post the recipe, please. Maybe then we can help.

I posted on my page, now its public... MiketheB, Cascade Double IPA.

I posted on my page, now its public... MiketheB, Cascade Double IPA.
No link me matey? A link would be easier to take us straight there. You know you can also plug your numbers into the recipie tool here press save then go into tools click on share copy link paste it below then the answers will come;).

Back