Trial Member
Reaction score
If brewing all grain and all temps and OG was attained, in this situation

OG 1.038
FG 1.006
Wyeast 1084
Stuck at 1.016
Beer is still slightly sweet

First tried to swirl bucket a little, waited day and a half no change.

Then raised temp from 72F (entire fermentation was at 72F) to 75F.
Waited 2 days, no change.

Repitched, waited 2 days no change.

What else can i try?

Let your beer age a bit then drink it. Usually when the yeast stops it's done. Either you used a highly flocculant yeast or your wort had fermentability issues or you made a measurement error but either way, the beer is likely done.

Let your beer age a bit then drink it. Usually when the yeast stops it's done. Either you used a highly flocculant yeast or your wort had fermentability issues or you made a measurement error but either way, the beer is likely done.
Its still slightly sweet though?

Every now and then, you just get one that doesn't go any further. You can keep fighting but you've probably lost the battle. If it's going to do anything else, it may start up again spontaneously. You should make absolutely certain that it's well-protected from contamination and ignore it for a couple of weeks. Maybe swirl it a couple of times in the first few days.
If it decides to notch down a few points... you win.
If it sits and does nothing, a lot of beer has considerable residual sweetness. Bottle and drink...you win.

I'm still screwing up the odd mash when I forget I've left the element on when I only meant to warm it for a few degrees. So I've had a few where they just won't attentuate as hoped.

It'll depend on the style and your expectations, but they're generally not a write-off. And unless you've got a huge dry hop you haven't put in the beer yet, there's very little cost to going through with packaging it.

I don't seem capable of making a beer that finishes below 1.012 these days for some reason but it really hasn't mattered much.

I usually float around the 1.010 Mark very rarely it'll come in at 008 suppose it depends on if I've I've got both me shoes on at time of hydro reading can be a bit lob sided :D

I seem to come in around 1.010-1.012

I just had an IPA with US-05 finish at 1008, never had a US-05 batch go below 1010 before.

buenas tengo un lote de una dry staut 40 litros densidad inicial 1.053 ha estado fermentando tres dias y se me ha parado en 1.031 lleva tres dias sin hacer nada mido densidad con un refractometro e inocule dos sobres de 11.5 grmos de una safale s-04 seca , el caso esque me esta pasando lo mismo en todos los lotes que hago que estoy haciendo mal y como puedo arreglarlo gracias

Are you correcting your refractometer reading for alcohol after fermentation? In my experience, 1.031 is about what your beer would read using a refractometer and not correcting the value to account for alcohol. Remember, a refractometer is only accurate before fermentation starts. Afterward, it has to deal with alcohol and its higher refractive index, hence the need to correct.

There's a correction calculator on this site.

I hope I understood your question correctly - I'm using Google Translate, no hablo espanol.

Back