20 Worst Trends in Brewing

BBB.JPG

“The ‘slow pour’ pilsner."
So funny that even here in Germany (most) everyone has finally realised the 7 minute rule is completely false and stupid, even though it often used to be tradition.

“The ‘slow pour’ pilsner."
So funny that even here in Germany (most) everyone has finally realised the 7 minute rule is completely false and stupid, even though it often used to be tradition.
I happen to like the "slow pour" method.... No science behind that, just personal preference.

I'm a fan of the seltzers being offered at breweries. The ones I've had taste just fine to me, and make great palate cleansers.

The sexism and diversity issues I agree are a serious concern. We want this hobby to grow and craft breweries to be successful, increasing participation through inclusion is the only way it's going to happen long term. The chubby white guy with a beard being the dominant image of brewing is not great. I mean it's amusing, but it's not a good sign of a healthy hobby/industry.

Follow up, I had no idea slow pour was a thing beyond Guiness.

I sure hope that my smart ass remark wasn't taken to be sexist.
I was referring to the "beer" dialogue, and the general negative nature of the article.
That being "What Are the Worst Trends in Beer Right Now?".
My sincere apologies to anyone whom I may have offended:(

I sure hope that my smart ass remark wasn't taken to be sexist.
I was referring to the "beer" dialogue, and the general negative nature of the article.
That being "What Are the Worst Trends in Beer Right Now?".
My sincere apologies to anyone whom I may have offended:(
i didn't take it that way. you were using a synonym of "whine", "complain", "gripe", etc., not a slur or derogatory term

Huh? I didn't interpret it that way personally, some of the complaints were very much just people bitching but some were very valid to me.

In Germany, I'm wary if a Pilsner comes too quickly. Or at Bierstadt Lagerhaus in Denver.

i didn't take it that way. you were using a synonym of "whine", "complain", "gripe", etc., not a slur or derogatory term
Phewf! Felt like a big ASS there for a minute, like more than usual!

I didn't see it on the list, but I think the worst trend is breweries making "concoction" beers as opposed to making a truly great beer of a particular style. I would much rather have a really good, by-the-book saison, as opposed to the saffron lilac ginger root triple hopped saison or whatever other crazy things these guys dream up.

I would rather see a list of what are the best trends in craft brewing today. I am more of a to each his own kinda person. If you want to get funky with a Saison, you should probably be adept at a classic Saison first. My approach is simple, if I like it I will buy it, if I don't like it....

The sexism and diversity issues I agree are a serious concern. We want this hobby to grow and craft breweries to be successful, increasing participation through inclusion is the only way it's going to happen long term. The chubby white guy with a beard being the dominant image of brewing is not great. I mean it's amusing, but it's not a good sign of a healthy hobby/industry.

Hey, I resemble that remark. Well - kinda - I no longer have a beard :)

I would rather see a list of what are the best trends in craft brewing today. I am more of a to each his own kinda person. If you want to get funky with a Saison, you should probably be adept at a classic Saison first. My approach is simple, if I like it I will buy it, if I don't like it....
I hope to see that one, too.

Back