Craigerrr's new 10 Gallon 3v System

Craigerrr

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Thought that I would start a new thread to show what I am getting myself into and solicit advise on setting it up. I don't know if the pump that came with it works or not yet, but I do also have a little Anvil pump. Anyway three vessel, three burner system, going to utilize the new 15g kettle the kids got for Fazhas day for the boil, as well as to transfer strike water up to the HLT. Will also need to pump the wort into the fermenters. Going to move my ferment fridge that is in the basement out to the garage, and get second ferm fridge so I can ferment another batch while cold crashing.
IMG_20190720_1335309.jpg

Oh you need polish to shine those keggles!

Last edited:
Thought that I would start a new thread to show what I am getting myself into and solicit advise on setting it up. I don't know if the pump that came with it works or not yet, but I do also have a little Anvil pump. Anyway three vessel, three burner system, going to utilize the new 15g kettle the kids got for Fazhas day for the boil, as well as to transfer strike water up to the HLT. Will also need to pump the wort into the fermenters. Going to move my ferment fridge that is in the basement out to the garage, and get second ferm fridge so I can ferment another batch while cold crashing.View attachment 6717
Looks like you have some quick couplers already there so with 1 pump and some plumbing you should be good to go. Be careful with the burner under the mash tun, you can overheat mash easily. Did it come with a fly sparg arm? Would work well with a gravity drain port from tun. Kettle size will work good for 10 gal batches. You can split water between hlt and tun for heating would simplify as bigger beers take more water than 1 keggle. Similar to what i have worked with for several years so can answer lots of questions along with probably many other brewers. Lots of fun ahead for you!

Looks like you have some quick couplers already there so with 1 pump and some plumbing you should be good to go. Be careful with the burner under the mash tun, you can overheat mash easily. Did it come with a fly sparg arm? Would work well with a gravity drain port from tun. Kettle size will work good for 10 gal batches. You can split water between hlt and tun for heating would simplify as bigger beers take more water than 1 keggle. Similar to what i have worked with for several years so can answer lots of questions along with probably many other brewers. Lots of fun ahead for you!
Thanks for the post.
Funny, didn't occur to me right away to heat the strike water in the tun. With that, I plan to syphon full water volume into the boil kettle than use the pump, or at least a pump to transfer strike water to the MT, and sparge water to the HLT. After draining first runnings, thinking of pumping sparge water to MT. Would also like to figure out a recirc on the boil kettle for whirlpooling, and to speed up cooling.

Oh you need polish to shine those keggles!
Gotta get em clean inside first!
If you happen to be in Southwestern Ontario, feel free to pop by and help out!

xSabcoBrewMagicSystem.jpg.pagespeed.ic.26eUVCParF.jpg

This is basicly what you have without the electrical controls. And bling. You can heat strike water in mash tun or hlt, the reason for the second tier of this design is to gravity feed wort from tun into boil kettle, while using pump to run sparge water to fly sparge. If you want to whirlpool then that pump could move wort into fermenter from bk. Lots of options so just make it work for you. Do plumbing somewhat temporary so you can try different ways until you come up with your way.

I ran 10 gallons through the system today to start figuring out my losses, and to start figuring out how I want to plumb this thing up.

a quick goog search for 3 vessel brew system images can give you plenty of ideas.

As long as I am doing this, I am going to try and plumb it up so that all I have to do is turn some 2 way and 3 way ball valves, and turn pumps on and off when needed. This is what I have come up with so far. Don't plan on using the burner under the MLT, thinking of HERMS'ing it through the HLT to maintain mash temp.
IMG_20190729_1557595.jpg

So pump 2 will whirlpool also? Perfect! Would work well as running chilled wort through lines needs to be sanitary to transfer to ferm vessel. Boiling wort would do that. You will be kicking out fine brews in no time;)

So pump 2 will whirlpool also? Perfect! Would work well as running chilled wort through lines needs to be sanitary to transfer to ferm vessel. Boiling wort would do that. You will be kicking out fine brews in no time;)
Yes, and pump 1 will xfer HLT to MLT as well as recirculate the mash. The extra valve off the MLT out is so I can vorlauf and catch the big bits before turning in the pump. At least that is my thought process. Have been watching some videos picking up some other ideas as well.

Making some progress on the system, got the frame, and burners blasted and powder coated, and installed new casters. Whoever built this rig welded the casters right to the frame, had to cut them off with an angle grinder. I drilled and tapped holes to attach the new casters, all casters swivel and have locks. Still a lot to do, so tomorrow's brew night I will just use one pump, it will be totally manual.
IMG_20190909_2313552.jpg

Making some progress on the system, got the frame, and burners blasted and powder coated, and installed new casters. Whoever built this rig welded the casters right to the frame, had to cut them off with an angle grinder. I drilled and tapped holes to attach the new casters, all casters swivel and have locks. Still a lot to do, so tomorrow's brew night I will just use one pump, it will be totally manual.
View attachment 7181

Looking good bud! Let us know how it comes out!

View attachment 7181
Lookin great craigerr. When ya gotta brew you just gotta brew with what you've got!

Got some aluminum cut to size, drilled and tapped to mount to rig, also drilled and tapped holes to mount the pumps. The main reason for the piece of aluminum next to the BK is to deflect heat from the burner (keep the propane tank safe). The reason for the aluminum on the left side of the rig is to mount an electrical box, going to have switches for the pumps. There is another piece of aluminum that I have not mounted yet between the HLT and MLT, that is to deflect heat away from the insulation I have for the MLT when heating the sparge water
IMG_20190928_1640346.jpg

IMG_20190928_1640389.jpg

IMG_20190928_1640436.jpg
IMG_20190928_1640436.jpg

Back