force carbonation at room tem

ian.c

Trial Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

what if the temperature of my beer is 71F how much psi do i need to go for?

I set the keg to 28psi and let it sit for 10 days at room temperature 68-71f (my beer temperature is 66f to 71f) but it came out flat, im using a external kegerator meaning it doest not chill the entier keg it just cold the beer when it pass through a cold chamber and serve at 33-40f so....any idea which part did i go wrong?

When you say "set the keg to 28psi" did you just put 28psi in and unhook it from the c02?
I have carb'ed at warm temp and had no issues but it was 30psi continuous pressure for 30+ hours

unhook your drinking keg and keep your room temp keg charged for 24 hours at 30psi, you can quick charge your drinking kegs as needed

When you say "set the keg to 28psi" did you just put 28psi in and unhook it from the c02?
I have carb'ed at warm temp and had no issues but it was 30psi continuous pressure for 30+ hours

lol i unhook it at i set it 28 psi, ok i will hook it up at 28 psi for 24 hours and see

Thanks bro, i did use this chart for reference but it is only up to 65f my room tem is beyond that
I guess I never noticed that. I got used to using the BF calculator which goes higher. Sounds like you've got it all going though.
Good luck with it. :)

I guess I never noticed that. I got used to using the BF calculator which goes higher. Sounds like you've got it all going though.
Good luck with it. :)

thanks bro,

here is an update for my result, i try the burst method, i hook it up to the co2 cylinder at 30 psi for 24 hours and the result is still the same flat beer, one thing is that my room temperature is around 77-82f, maybe it is impossible to carbonate beer at room tem in my country

It's quite possible. The problem is that you have to maintain 30 PSI for the entire time that the beer is at that temperature. The CO2 has to enter into solution in the beer. That way when the temperature is lowered, the bubbles are still present. Since CO2 expands with increased temperature, it also decreases with decreased temperature.
I've done warm-temperature carbonation many times. Keep adding CO2 until the pressure maintains itself at 30 degrees. Then when you cool the beer down to serve it, it'll be fine.

Just my opinion, but I don't think 30# for 24 hours is enough, especially at room temps. I go 36# for about 34 hours. And that is chilled. I think you need more pressure and time.

Back