Hello from Denmark

BrewDane

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi all

My name is Jan and I am 50 years old, live in the southern part of Denmark. I turned pro in 2014, where i started out with a 110 liter SS Brewtech herms setup: HLT, MT and boiler.
In 2017, my wife and I brought a complete 300 liter brewery with MT, boiler and 4 x 300 liter unitanks. We brew 6000 liters a year, which is not enough, but since the brewery is run in our spare time, that must be it for the time being.
The plan is to go all in within a year or 2.
In the brewery we also have a taproom with 6 taps.
The old 110 liter setup is still used for pilots and small brews that are only served in the bar. We currently sell bottles to a handfull of shops close to the brewery as well as direct to the customers in the brewery.

Hi all

My name is Jan and I am 50 years old, live in the southern part of Denmark. I turned pro in 2014, where i started out with a 110 liter SS Brewtech herms setup: HLT, MT and boiler.
In 2017, my wife and I brought a complete 300 liter brewery with MT, boiler and 4 x 300 liter unitanks. We brew 6000 liters a year, which is not enough, but since the brewery is run in our spare time, that must be it for the time being.
The plan is to go all in within a year or 2.
In the brewery we also have a taproom with 6 taps.
The old 110 liter setup is still used for pilots and small brews that are only served in the bar. We currently sell bottles to a handfull of shops close to the brewery as well as direct to the customers in the brewery.
Awesome any Photos? What's your best selling beer or what do you find sells the best over there in Denmark? Are youse into your Hoppy beers or more malt forward ballanced winter beers.
Welcome look forward to hearing for you.

I will post some photos, when i get back home this evening. Best selling beers are my English IPA and Oatmeal stout. Personally i like both very hoppy beers, but also the more malty german styles like bocks, schwartsbier. I try to go with the different seasons and focus on the lighter beers in the summer. Brewing a NEIPA for the first time this coming weekend, based on pale ale malt and amarillo hops during whirlpool. Will be triple dryhopping it, with the first addition during yeast pitching.

I will post some photos, when i get back home this evening. Best selling beers are my English IPA and Oatmeal stout. Personally i like both very hoppy beers, but also the more malty german styles like bocks, schwartsbier. I try to go with the different seasons and focus on the lighter beers in the summer. Brewing a NEIPA for the first time this coming weekend, based on pale ale malt and amarillo hops during whirlpool. Will be triple dryhopping it, with the first addition during yeast pitching.
Yep recon your on the right track but disclaimer I'm no NEIPA brewer! Look forward to the pics. Living the dream!

Awesome!
Definitely love to see some pics. :)
How easy/hard/expensive is it to start a brewery in Denmark? Just curious as a comparison to Germany...

Back