Looking for a juicy ipa recipe

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a good juicy, tropical ipa recipe - searched a lot of the recipes but without ratings or comments its hard to know which ones turned out well!

I'm still doing partial mashes before journeying into BIAB in near future, would love to do a NEIPA recipe but don't want to start messing with water chemistry - as I'm still trying to get my head around that (using bottled spring water at moment)

Any help appreciated!

cheers
chris

I don’t mess with water adjustments either and I use Deer Park Spring water. Deer Park’s spring water is better suited for darker beers, but we brew all types of ales (I don’t Lager either) including IPAs and they’ve turned out great to me.

so if your really looking for that beer, be prepare to add this much hops for a 5 gallon batch and extra water to soak it up
add some flaked oats for haze with almost any grain bill or DME

.5 oz Warrior Hops (16.0%) - added first wort*, boiled 60 min [14.0 IBU]
1 oz Citra Hops (14.1%) - added during boil, boiled 5 min [8.8 IBU]
1 oz Australian Galaxy Hops (13.8%) - added during boil, boiled 5 min [8.6 IBU]
1 oz Mosaic Hops (12.2%) - added during boil, boiled 5 min [7.6 IBU]
1 oz Citra Hops (14.1%) - added after boil, steeped at 180F for 30 minutes
1 oz Australian Galaxy Hops (13.8%) - added after boil, steeped at 180F for 30 minutes
1 oz Mosaic Hops (12.2%) - added after boil, steeped at 180F for 30 minutes
1 oz Citra Hops (14.1%) - dry hop #1 (added at high krausen, 1 day after pitching yeast)
1 oz Australian Galaxy Hops (13.8%) - dry hop #1 (added at high krausen, 1 day after pitching yeast)
1 oz Mosaic Hops (12.2%) - dry hop #1 (added at high krausen, 1 day after pitching yeast)
1 oz Citra Hops (14.1%) - dry hop #2 (added in brite tank, steeped for 3 days)
1 oz Australian Galaxy Hops (13.8%) - dry hop #2 (added in brite tank, steeped for 3 days)
1 oz Mosaic Hops (12.2%) - dry hop #2 (added in brite tank, steeped for 3 days)

perfect thanks so much!! Yup onboard with amount of required hops, did the zombie clone last recipe and that had ton of hops as well. I do love my hops!

Also for the DME should it be as light as possible to get lower SRM?
Also was thinking to use Citra, mosaic and el dorado... I could just swap the Galaxy for el dorado but haven’t tried galaxy in a home brew before - is it a good combo with the others?

Thanks!

I made a juicy hazy pale with just a couple good boil additions of noble hops and dryhopped it as krausen dropped for biotransformation effect. Used 1 oz El Dorado, 2 ounces Simcoe and 3 oz Mosaic for a 5 gallon batch. It was great!

What was your ibu on that one so I can look at amount to add to boil? Also when did you start the dry hop? After 3 days fermenting or so?
Appreciate all the help guys!

who are you directing that question, if me the 3 days is after fermentation is finished and the dme could be light or pale doesn't matter, oh my ibu is in the 100's but its not bitter, too many hops

Think about using some rolled oats in your partial mash with these hopping approaches. It will give you haze which is more protein/lipids for the hops to attach themselves to. Also gives you a nice mouth feel.

Though if you prefer it clear, you don't need the oats/haze, it just pushes it more to the NEIPA side of things.

Think about using some rolled oats in your partial mash with these hopping approaches. It will give you haze which is more protein/lipids for the hops to attach themselves to. Also gives you a nice mouth feel.

Though if you prefer it clear, you don't need the oats/haze, it just pushes it more to the NEIPA side of things.

Thanks mark, yup going to use some oats and wheat in partial mash as want that hazy touch and taste, will post recipe later for any further feedback :) thanks!

Back