Trialbens Keezer Build.

I have a 2" collar, I'm not sure how you would without one you could damage the freezer by accident

I have a 2" collar, I'm not sure how you would without one you could damage the freezer by accident
Only other way is go in through lid. Man I'm amazed how thick the insulation is on these freezers my lid was atleast 3inch thick with foam! I'm gunna jam a heap of rags into my font when I attach it to try and keep this insulated.

I prefer my co2 tank outside, if the tank is inside it will eventually rust and give false readings on the gauges
I’ve never seen a tank rust in the Keezer, and never had a false reading. The gauges will read different in colder temps, but consistently the same due to cold contraction. Put the bottle inside if you want. It makes life a lot easier. You’re building a nice looking unit... don’t muck the looks up with bottle lines and bottle outside.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen a tank rust in the Keezer, and never had a false reading. The gauges will read different in colder temps, but consistently the same due to cold contraction. Put the bottle inside if you want. It makes life a lot easier. You’re building u nice looking unit... don’t muck the looks up with bottle lines and bottle outside.
Well this has been my original plan I'll go with it and be a lesson lernt for any who pass beyond my keezer build:D!

Well this has been my original plan I'll go with it and be a lesson lernt for any who pass beyond my keezer build:D!
My CO2 gauges read consistently at 600psi while in the Keezer. I always keep an eye on it when I’m in the Keezer, and if it starts dipping below 600, it’s time to start planing for a bottle swap.

Ps. Disregard the gauge readings to the kegs... they’re both shut off as my kegs are all empty at the moment. :(

1E6A3D4F-2145-490F-985C-BB64187B37CF.jpeg

I’ve never seen a tank rust in the Keezer, and never had a false reading. The gauges will read different in colder temps, but consistently the same due to cold contraction. Put the bottle inside if you want. It makes life a lot easier. You’re building a nice looking unit... don’t muck the looks up with bottle lines and bottle outside.
I have, condensation is the enemy as long as you rule that out your fine

I have, condensation is the enemy as long as you rule that out your fine
From my experience, any moisture in the Keezer freezes. Twice a year, I turn off the Keezer, add a little warm water and melt the ice and mop it out. I’ve

I've always kept my co2 tank in the fridge and never had rust. First I've ever even heard it mentioned anywhere, and the only time I've ever seen a tank condensate is after it's been filled or there's a leak. I'm going to keep mine in the keezer. Just a cleaner look imo, and I've got plenty of room for it to be in there.

yes I guess the blow out from unhooking things collecting on the bottom, condensation because of no fan and 20 years of using one makes a difference, I had mine in the keezer for 10 years and now I don't for those reasons, I'm a slob and lazy I guess lol

Is the rust your seeing on the gauges or the tank itself?

My guess is your gauges may actually have a leak. I can't say that I've seen it with co2, but I have with other gases and liquids. Or it could just be from you when you reach your sloshy state :D

My tank is beside the keezer and i do have quite a bit of condensation inside. I think a recirculating fan would solve most of this though. Size may make a difference too. I can easily fit 6 kegs and still leave a basket over the compressor for some bottles. As long as i have a collar my tank and guages will be out. Guages are to spendy to chance a corrosion problem. The temp you serve beer at will affect how much moisture you get too. Fridges have air circulation to help with condensate, freezers don't. Remember the stinky tray to catch the dripper?

Neat, looks way more thought out than mine.

Man oh man I've been fluffing about with this bar top trying to get it just right with the final epoxy coat I've sanded this dammed thing back 2times after going nope not good enough:confused:. I cant remember it being so difficult to work with you have to work quick applying it before it goes tacky on you and you leave brush strokes in the finish. And bubbles if you mix it wrong but a spray bottle of methylated spirits finely sprayed over the surface pops em and evaporates off.

So this is the third coat and I'm sticking with it!
20190527_112458.jpg
oh that photo makes it look better than what it is...

Got most of the keezer sorted now all gas lines are in and tested and finally gas tight fingers crossed. Gunna make a timber holder to keep that lid from smashing down on me when I'm mucking about in the keezer might get KO'd by my keezer lid if not!
20190529_113520.jpg

Gotta sort my gas lines next just short on a few clamps should turn up Monday.
20190529_170437.jpg
theres a shot of the first beer to grace the surface of this keezer was a sneaky pour straight un interrupted out of one of my used beer lines.
Off to the big green warehouse to get some hard wood decking to start cladding the cabinet with spotted gum it will be wait till youse see this beautiful timber!

This is how I'm gunna frame the cabinet. this decking timber isnt exactly true it's got a few wraps and buckles which makes getting a nice 45 near impossible. Ill do what I can with them weights to bring it into line.
20190531_174907.jpg

From back is keezer front and at front is two cabinet doors. The mini orb galvanized sheeting will go inside. 24 hrs from now that glue will set like wood.

Last edited:

Back