american hefewiesen

What your Bag broke! I'm guessing the wort wasn't draining to quickly from all the wheat?
I diy it with two kitchen strainers and the kettle I use has no spigot btw I just continued on with the brew and at the end and poured it out through the two kitchen strainers lets hope it turns out good

I diy it with two kitchen strainers and the kettle I use has no spigot btw I just continued on with the brew and at the end and poured it out through the two kitchen strainers lets hope it turns out good
It'll be fine I've had a few bag tears and boiled a bit of grain a time or two:p.

moved the hef to a secondary a lot of grains in the yeast cake because the bag rip there were small amounts of grain that make it to the secondary :mad: but in a week I bottle

moved the hef to a secondary a lot of grains in the yeast cake because the bag rip there were small amounts of grain that make it to the secondary :mad: but in a week I bottle
What did the sample taste like does it taste ok?

didn't think of doing that I was just racking it to the secondary but it did have a banana smell
Always taste your beer as your working with it. For example you can get a good idea over time from past experience to how your beers conditioning also if there were flaws in the fermentation or if the yeast need more time to clean up fermentation by products.
Taste your starter samples too
It's your nose eyes and tastebuds your relying on as a brewer. Think a good cook will be tasting that soup as their making it to see if it needs more salt or herbs and spices they only know this from past experience tasting their soup.

Always taste your beer as your working with it. For example you can get a good idea over time from past experience to how your beers conditioning also if there were flaws in the fermentation or if the yeast need more time to clean up fermentation by products.
Taste your starter samples too
It's your nose eyes and tastebuds your relying on as a brewer. Think a good cook will be tasting that soup as their making it to see if it needs more salt or herbs and spices they only know this from past experience tasting their soup.
thanks for the advice I will next time

so I bottled it took a hydrometer reading and sampled it tastes like a hef but I feel it needed more hops or something maybe more spicy of hop or fruity but it needs to carbonate and chill will post then

Back