New Toy

They aren't that hard to use. Just make sure you use it in a well lighted room. It's hard to see the numbers if it's not lighted. Also check it with plain water. It should read 0.

They aren't that hard to use. Just make sure you use it in a well lighted room. It's hard to see the numbers if it's not lighted. Also check it with plain water. It should read 0.
Distilled water ;)

I love my refractometer, makes it so quick to take gravity readings on brew day. Like Hogarthe said, bright light makes them easier to use and make sure to calibrate it before use.

Think I am gonna splurge on a Tilt and get a final gravity hydrometer, I just can't settle on which to get....

I hate ordering from NB/Midwest, but I did.....

Got the Tilt in Blue, a new test jar, and a final gravity hydrometer.

All that is left is to finish up with the stuff I need to co2 transfer.

The MW 102 is the one I have. It's a good meter and the probe is replaceable.

Even if you get an auto temp correction ph meter, do not use it on very hot liquid. The probe will wear out quickly if you do. Going from hot to cool a lot makes it expand and contract and puts a lot of stress on it resulting in premature failure.

I hate ordering from NB/Midwest, but I did.....

Got the Tilt in Blue, a new test jar, and a final gravity hydrometer.

All that is left is to finish up with the stuff I need to co2 transfer.
I ordered the Tilt about 4 months ago and have been thrilled.

Holy Smokes how evil can you be trying to kill off craft brewing while selling stuff to home brewers . . .

Way to go AB InBev...

Holy Smokes how evil can you be trying to kill off craft brewing while selling stuff to home brewers . . .

Way to go AB InBev...

and they've recently bought out Rate Beer (i think that's the one, they bought some beer rating website). or at least one of their subisidiaries did.

also love how they're introducing barrel aged Bud or whatever at the same time they bash craft beer drinkers for being too froo froo. can't wait for to see how they'll inch closer to the craft beer scene with their swill

I’ve not seen anything like that from them. Their staff is helpful and knowledgeable and stand behind what they sell. And at my brewing level, I don’t fret over things like that.

I got his one - no problems with it so far...
You will probably need to search on Amazon US though

I want to recommend this product at Amazon.com

3in1 TDS+EC+Temp Meter and Digital LCD pH Meter with Auto Calibration Function,Digital Accuracy Water Quality Monitor Pen Style Portable Pocket Tester for Drinking Water,Aquariums,Pools and Spas

by sxstar
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075V221XT/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_.5h1CbSJVX6R7

Back