Recipe links in new window?

J A

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hey @Yooper...how hard would it be to change the code so the recipe links in Forum threads open in a new window/tab? I always have to remember to save the message I'm composing when I click a recipe link to reference something. It's possible to right click and "open link in new browser" but that opens up a whole new browser screen. It's not the end of the world, but I often find that I open 2 tabs with the forum and use one for opening recipes to study while I'm replying to a post.
Maybe it would just open a can of worms or lead to bugs that wouldn't work in some browsers, so I'm sure it's best to leave well enough alone. :)

Isn’t that in your browser settings to open links in a new tab?

Can’t test it out for myself as 99% of my online activities are on my cell

Yeah....as I mentioned, I know that right-clicking is an option. I've just noticed though, that on most other forums clicking links automatically opens a new tab and it's more convenient. I know that when I was building my website I coded for that as opposed to just following the link and losing the current page.

Yeah....as I mentioned, I know that right-clicking is an option. I've just noticed though, that on most other forums clicking links automatically opens a new tab and it's more convenient. I know that when I was building my website I coded for that as opposed to just following the link and losing the current page.
Nothing wrong with convenience!

Hey @Yooper...how hard would it be to change the code so the recipe links in Forum threads open in a new window/tab? I always have to remember to save the message I'm composing when I click a recipe link to reference something. It's possible to right click and "open link in new browser" but that opens up a whole new browser screen. It's not the end of the world, but I often find that I open 2 tabs with the forum and use one for opening recipes to study while I'm replying to a post.
Maybe it would just open a can of worms or lead to bugs that wouldn't work in some browsers, so I'm sure it's best to leave well enough alone. :)

I have no idea! I’m used to it this way, but you’re right that it’s a pain if you are doing something and click a link, and your work disappears!

I’ll tag Andrew and see what he says about it! @avantassel

Reactions: J A
Not a big deal...just a passing thought. I'm sure there are more pressing matters in terms of keeping everything up and running. :)
Thanks.

I would be in support of the request. It is minor, but the fix is not brewing science, just coding. I am using my phone browser 95% of the time, so right click is not an option.

I just click the back button and it takes me back to the comment I was composing and just paste in the recipie link.

Back