Interaction with Inkbird "Rep"?

J A

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I've had an interaction with @kerwin here on the forum about some inkbird problems and with an offer to try one of the new programmable Inkbird units for "free". He urged me to order one of the units from an Amazon seller and said that I'd be reimbursed through Paypal. I ordered the unit, got it in no time, it seems to be completely new, perfect, all in order, but I've heard nothing from "Kerwin" despite several attempts to communicate.
I can't quite imagine an internet scam whereby a purchase from a legitimate seller on Amazon could be exploited, and since I've shared no hackable information and shared any payment information only through a secure Amazon transaction, I don't see how there's any value in an elaborate hoax involving helping me solve my other inkbird problem, but given the nature of the internet, I'm posting a warning.
"Kerwin" indeed seems to be legitimately knowledgeable about the inkbird products and there may be some explanation. If the worst outcome is that I have a product that I didn't really need and had no intention of buying, there's not much harm done...especially since the seller has pretty impeccable feedback and it seems likely that I could just get a refund, anyway.

JA did you get the lrefund through PayPal? I had the same transaction and it went fine. I can ping him if you like I have his Facebook account. I have been chatting with him for a couple of weeks now. He is just an intern at inkbird. I don't think there is anything sinester going on as you said I don't know why anyone would go to such an elaborate hoax to make one inkbird sale lol.

Good...I'm glad it went right for you. I had no reason to be suspicious and also have his facebook contact (though it seems very recently set up). If you got the refund promised then I can feel fine about it. I just wanted to check in. I haven't recieved the refund but I suppose it may yet happen.
As I mentioned, there may be a mundane explanation for his lack of continued communication but it was abrupt and without a resolution. That sort of things gives cause for jitters. ;)

I'm still curious if you got the refund. I got mine the same night I did the Amazon purchase.

I'm still curious if you got the refund. I got mine the same night I did the Amazon purchase.
For JA’s benefit, no harm in reaching out to see if you can help get what he was promised. I’m sure the rep can appreciate how bad he and the seller could look or how good they could look.

Last edited:
Yeah I wasn't paying attention to JA's post. He answered my question. I already pinged Kerwin. I'm guessing it's not the facebook account he uses to stay in touch with his mom . . .

I've already tried to contact on Facebook. Nothing for a couple of days. Given the perspective, it'll probably all work out. Maybe he's just coincidentally temporarily out of pocket.

Ok...recieved an explanation. Vacation time in China. Of course...May 1 is a very important national holiday.
I'll have to wait for a refund which is no problem but it seems that all is on the up and up and will be taken care of as promised in due time.

I pinged him on facebook mentioning you and got a response from someone not him assuring me they would take care of it.

"We sincerely apologize for inconvenience to you. Since our company just happened to have a holiday, Kerwin will give you a reply tomorrow please be patient. I am sorry for the trouble you have brought. Waiting for your reply. Wish you a good day."

I got the exact reply as well. Someone in the office monitoring and putting out fires. I'm sure it'll work out. Just an unfortunate coincidence that made the whole thing seem odd given the nature of the contact.

I've had an interaction with @kerwin here on the forum about some inkbird problems and with an offer to try one of the new programmable Inkbird units for "free". He urged me to order one of the units from an Amazon seller and said that I'd be reimbursed through Paypal. I ordered the unit, got it in no time, it seems to be completely new, perfect, all in order, but I've heard nothing from "Kerwin" despite several attempts to communicate.
I can't quite imagine an internet scam whereby a purchase from a legitimate seller on Amazon could be exploited, and since I've shared no hackable information and shared any payment information only through a secure Amazon transaction, I don't see how there's any value in an elaborate hoax involving helping me solve my other inkbird problem, but given the nature of the internet, I'm posting a warning.
"Kerwin" indeed seems to be legitimately knowledgeable about the inkbird products and there may be some explanation. If the worst outcome is that I have a product that I didn't really need and had no intention of buying, there's not much harm done...especially since the seller has pretty impeccable feedback and it seems likely that I could just get a refund, anyway.
I am Kerwin.Just in time for our May Day holiday, we had a four-day holiday.It is indeed my negligence that has caused you inconvenience. I'm really sorry for that!But I will do what I promised you!

All clear...refund was made and Kerwin has proven to be a trusted affiliate of Inkbird. :)
Sorry for jumping the gun, but after several days of non-communication I was concerned.

I gotta hand it to Inkbird, they really do go the extra mile. Not often do you find that anymore. Kudos to Kerwin/Inkbird

Back