inkbird cables

Rad2101

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Very very new to this and have a million questions. Will be reading everything and learning as I go. This has probably been asked a few times but I cant seem to find anything. When using an inkbird ITC-308 device for temp control in a fridge. How does one run the cable in/out of fridge? Obviously the power for the heat pad and the temp probe need to be in the fridge. Is it generally just run over the fridge door seals? I have a spare fridge I want to use but Im not in a position to go drilling holes in it for cables.

Many thanks and look forward to getting things going

cheers

My inkbird is outside the freezer. The cables for the heat pads just go through the door (as in the door closes on them)

Just got one of those delivered this arvo I'll be running cables under the lid seal.
If you mounted it inside the freezer you'd still need to power the temp controller from external power lead.

But I recon that's not such a bad ideah gee the power cord you get with it isn't real long. Only risk would be spilling water on the power plug but if you mount it on the lid should negate this.

Last edited:
I stuck mine to the side with velcro.

I have mine outside and running through the rubber seal as many others, it works fine and you can get some Velcro and attach it to the freezer or fridge, that's what I do

I've slept on this one and been thinking if you put the controller on the inside you may get some condensation inside the electrics in the control box that may cause a short. Let's say when the lid is open in summer causing a quick shift in ambient temp In side the freezer -well that thing is going to get condensation it's ok on the outside of the beer glass but in around electric exposed wires it could be fried chicken time!

So probably best on the outside
Think all the fridge freezer electrics are outside the cool chamber too.

Thank for the replies. Yeah I was thinking to keep the electronics on the outside. Inside the fridge or freezer would be a bad idea due to condensation etc. It also doesn't solve the cable over the seal problem as the main power to the inkbird and fridge still need to run over the seals if the inkbird was on the inside. Was just curious about the wires over the fridge/freezer seals. I guess others do it this way and it works fine.

Cheers

I have mine outside the fridge, wires just go in over the fridge seals. I use electrical tape to keep them reasonably in place. Works like a champ!

Thanks guys. I feel confident now. Going to test the temp control with the FV full of water. Once I have it right...get into only my second brew. Some kind of Pale Ale I'm thinking. I've learnt so much already. So much more to go.

cheers

if you put the controller on the inside you may get some condensation inside the electrics in the control box that may cause a short.
2nd that AND....as much as it can be against some folks DNA, go read the directions and look for the "environmental" or maybe the "Operational" conditions. This should describe the tempature and humidity that the unit is designed to operate in.

You mean this bit...?
20190405_162701.jpg

That would be it! Looks like you are all clear for some serious cold crashing!

Back