Brew Session not Pulling in water additions

Craigerrr

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Many of the bugs from the previous release seem to be cleared up, but the brew session is still not pulling in my salt additions. Maybe there is something in my settings that is checked or unchecked, but I can't find anything that seems related to turning this on or off. I have gypsum, epsom salt, table (picklinig actually) salt, and calcium chloride in the recipe that this brew session was created from.
salts.JPG

I've never noticed that one pulling in the ingredients. I've always assumed it's a quick, simplified calculator for people who don't put the salt additions in the recipe, so that they can work them out on brew day. If you've put them in the recipe then they appear in the brew steps.

Do you attach (link) the water chemistry page to the recipe? That's what pulls in it.

Many of the bugs from the previous release seem to be cleared up, but the brew session is still not pulling in my salt additions. Maybe there is something in my settings that is checked or unchecked, but I can't find anything that seems related to turning this on or off. I have gypsum, epsom salt, table (picklinig actually) salt, and calcium chloride in the recipe that this brew session was created from.
View attachment 5385
I don't think the Advanced Water Calculator has ever put info into this listing.
I've never noticed that one pulling in the ingredients. I've always assumed it's a quick, simplified calculator for people who don't put the salt additions in the recipe, so that they can work them out on brew day. If you've put them in the recipe then they appear in the brew steps.
I agree, I think this was added to the Recipe Calculator back when to give you someplace to enter your salts.
Do you attach (link) the water chemistry page to the recipe? That's what pulls in it.
If you link and save, the salts are pulled into other ingredients list, and I guess Brew Steps(I don't use brew steps), not the screen shot @Craigerrr posted, or is it suppose to?
Edit: The Basic Water Calculator has not been tied in like the Advanced Water Calculator, has it?

Last edited:
Edit: The Basic Water Calculator has not been tied in like the Advanced Water Calculator, has it?

Correct. The basic water calc is very basic, and it's not tied to the recipe builder. The advanced water calc is integrated into the recipe builder, and I thought that was the one we were talking about. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

This is now pulling in the salts, thank you

Back