Beer emergency

Reaction score
I did my first all grain brew last night, went to put final wort collection into boil kettle and realized I did not have near a big enough pot, thought I did, it was late and I was not able to go get one. I put all the wort back into the clean mash tun at 130 and kept it overnight. I also did a FWH not realizing my dilemma, what is gonna happen and is the beer salvageable to do a boil today?

First thing is not to panic.... You have choices...

#1. Boil what you can in your pot as normal and do a another boil with whats left over, then combine the two.

#2 Only boil what fits in the pot and discard the rest. Adjust down hop amounts to fit volumn.

#3 Get a bigger pot.

First thing is not to panic.... You have choices...

#1. Boil what you can in your pot as normal and do a another boil with whats left over, then combine the two.

#2 Only boil what fits in the pot and discard the rest. Adjust down hop amounts to fit volumn.

#3 Get a bigger pot.

So I should be ok to boil today? I am getting a bigger pot today.

If wiggler has a stock pot, could he do a split boil?
Could he boil part of the wort until there is room to add the balance, and continue the boil from there?

You can boil two different batches - or you can split between two pots - or you can boil what you can and discard the rest.... You're going to have to get creative, or a new pot. Hint: Get one about 20% larger than you think you need.

Got a new pot, currently boiling, i never really saw a hot break so I hope its ok, Pre boil gravity was low so I added some dme according to a formula to get it to 1043, somehow went to 1060. Thats what it is supposed to be after boil, probably gonna have to add

Let her buck, she'll be right.

Back