NEIPA Hop Schedule

Nola_Brew

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'll be brewing next Saturday and want to change up my hops a bit. I have some Cascade i need to use so I'm incorporating it into this batch.
Trying to determine if the amounts are good, too much or not enough.
5.75 gal into fermenter (5 gal keg)

1.5 oz each Citra & Cascade WP @ 170 for 20 min
2 oz Mosaic WP @ 170 for 20 min
.75 oz Galaxy WP @ 170 for 20 min

2.25 ea DH Mosaic/Citra/Cascade
1.5 Galaxy DH
Yeast: Hornindal Kveik

Thoughts please!
Thanks

5.75oz Whirlpool and 8.25oz Dry Hop as your totals. Should be tasty. I like to do 1-2 oz per gallon in both whirlpool and also 1-2 oz per gallon in dry hop.

Tell us how that Kviek yeast turns out, I've been hearing a lot about it.

I use Voss Kveik from Omega Labs and I've really enjoyed brewing with it. I go out of my way to find reasons to use it.

It's not too much. I have an DIPA going right now that's got 27 ounces in 11 gallons. It's not too little...the Hazy Pale I did last summer only had 8.25 oz total for a 5.5 gal batch and it was very juicy.
Looks good! ;)

Thanks for the replies- Looking forward to using the Kveik yeast. Never used it but did have a NEIPA brewed with it and it was tasty. My only problem will be ferm temps. Will need to use a light in my ferm chamber to get the temps in the upper 70's to low 80's.

what about a Fermwrap jacket? Plug that into the heating side of your ink bird.

what about a Fermwrap jacket? Plug that into the heating side of your ink bird.
Highly recommend this, when I purchased my inkbird I bought the fetm wrap with it works like a charm. Not expensive at all don't remember exactly but something like $20

I suppose that's an option however I've never had to use heat so this is a first. I'm going to try the light first since I already have that and did a test last night- it gets pretty hot in my ferm chamber with a 100 w bulb so i should have no problem getting temps up as necessary.

Back