How Much Would You Pay?

thunderwagn

Trial Member
Reaction score
How much are you willing to pay for a pint?... or less? This beast has been on tap for a week now. Two other variations at the same price have since sold out. I've yet to try this from Goose Island, and I look for it's release every year. Guess i'll keep gazing from afar. It's just more than i'm willing to spend.
Screenshot_20181201-110931_Untappd.jpg

Prices like that make a beer undrinkable IMO. They just don't taste right. Now if that was a good bourbon------------------

Pardon the pun, but that’s a bit “Stout” of a price for me too. Agree with Bob.... hard to enjoy it when you spend that much.

Well think of those crazy prices people pay for plonk! I remember helping drink an exy bottle of wine with friends from their wedding worked out like $100 bucks a glass the girls didn't even finish theirs.

So in light of this wellll are the reviews amazing? What about for the inspiration if it turns out to be a new dropping Stout!

Yeah but I'm happy swigging on my less than 50c a glass HB!

That would be $25 over the bar here.
A few bottles of that series have made it to local bottle shops , they sell out so some people will may big for quality brews

10oz, $12 that is too steep for me. At this time of year there are some wicked imperial porters available here that $14 or so but they are 650ml (22oz). This works out to roughly $6 per 10oz. I find these pretty spendy too, but it is worth grabbing the odd one to share with friends at Christmas.

10oz, $12 that is too steep for me. At this time of year there are some wicked imperial porters available here that $14 or so but they are 650ml (22oz). This works out to roughly $6 per 10oz. I find these pretty spendy too, but it is worth grabbing the odd one to share with friends at Christmas.
I agree, and the nice thing about the bigger bottles is they're great for special occasions and bottle shares. Makes the price much more worth it.
I'm usually good with smaller pours of big beers. Like 4-6 oz. 10 oz for a single pour and by myself? That's just too much money and too much booze in a pour.

20180310_183231_resized.jpg
20180310_214258_resized.jpg

We have been doing a tasting with BC Stout for a couple years. 4 of us taste. We have a stash that started back in 2013 til present. Yes a little spendy but only pull them out once a year. From $9 to $18 per bottle shown. Older beers are 12oz, all now are 500ml. The 2013 still stands above the rest IMO.

Too spendy for me too, but I would also avoid it because I am not a fan of higher ABV beers. That $12USD (about $16CDN) could brew me 5 gallons of a nice bitter, not counting propane costs.

I would pay $12 just to try it once to check it off my list. However, even if it was spectacular, I probably wouldn't buy it again for that price.

I would pay $12 just to try it once to check it off my list. However, even if it was spectacular, I probably wouldn't buy it again for that price.
I'd agree to a certain extent, anything much more than that and id have to think twice

Plus it's goose Island!
I'd be willing to try something unique from a smaller craft brewer for top dollar, but not from a macro

Just wondering should we bring Sam Adams Utopia into this thread? $200 for 24oz bottle. Retail pour?

Just wondering should we bring Sam Adams Utopia into this thread? $200 for 24oz bottle. Retail pour?
I bought a bottle of the very first version back in the 90's. It came in a blue bottle and I don't remember how much I paid exactly, but for the time it was unheard of to pay so much for a small bottle of beer. Memory serves correctly...it wasn't good. I bet the versions these days have evolved into something much better.

Back