How Much Would You Pay?

I was a regional sales manager for a few years beginning in 2003. When the company came out with a new product the head of the sales dept. would put on a promo to introduce the new product to the market. Whoever sold the first promo in quantity got a prize that was tailor made for them. Knowing that I loved good whiskey, something exceptional was always my prize. I drank some great whiskeys that I never would have bought due to the ridiculous prices they sold for. I feel the same about beer.

Even if I could afford the price I'd be put off by the fact that the product was likely palatable at best and the exorbitant price paid for a convincing advertising campaign.

I bought a bottle of the very first version back in the 90's. It came in a blue bottle and I don't remember how much I paid exactly, but for the time it was unheard of to pay so much for a small bottle of beer. Memory serves correctly...it wasn't good. I bet the versions these days have evolved into something much better.

Its hard to describe the flavor. Like a liqueur but not as thick and very complex. Different flavors from when it hits your tongue clear through an aftertaste. Nephew bought last 2 releases, I just tried some at our said tasting (out of my class I have a mortgage).They were slightly different. Both in a class of their own though. Can't compare with beer. Not the same beverage.

Back