hops for multi beers

moga

Trial Member
Reaction score
hello,
Is there a specific hops that works with many beers ?
the idea is THAT i cant find a lot of hops where I live poor place poor service .

Magnum is a solid bittering hop, and you dont need to add much to get most of your IBUs. You will need some other hops though.
What types of beers do you like / brew? That will help us to make suggestions

Any of the German hops, Hallertau, Tettnang, Perle, Spelt etc work in a wide variety of European styles of beer as well as American lager styles.

Any of the German hops, Hallertau, Tettnang, Perle, Spelt etc work in a wide variety of European styles of beer
I changed to Liberty as my favorite for continental styles

Moga, unless you're a highly accomplished, very good brewer, you will not be able to reproduce those beers. With that out of the way, I'd second the notion of using the German noble hops. They're delicious in a wide variety of beers. Get two: Magnum for bittering, Saaz or Hallertau (Mittelfruh or Hersbrucker) for flavor.

As Nosy says, very clean-tasting lager style beers will require building your skills but you can make very good beer in that style that you'll enjoy. It will require that you have a brewing/fermenting environment that stays at a relatively constant temperature, preferably around 60F (15C). And it will be better if you learn to use grain in brewing rather than using malt extract as some beginning brewers do. (We're making an assumption about your level of brewing skills based on the type of question)
If I were in a place where supplies were difficult to obtain, I would buy a bag of good Pilsner malt and a pound of Hallertau Mittlefruh hops. Having packets of dry yeast on hand in a few different strains will complete the supplies that will allow you to brew anytime you want.
Best of luck. :)

Moga, unless you're a highly accomplished, very good brewer, you will not be able to reproduce those beers. With that out of the way, I'd second the notion of using the German noble hops. They're delicious in a wide variety of beers. Get two: Magnum for bittering, Saaz or Hallertau (Mittelfruh or Hersbrucker) for flavor.
thanks

b
As Nosy says, very clean-tasting lager style beers will require building your skills but you can make very good beer in that style that you'll enjoy. It will require that you have a brewing/fermenting environment that stays at a relatively constant temperature, preferably around 60F (15C). And it will be better if you learn to use grain in brewing rather than using malt extract as some beginning brewers do. (We're making an assumption about your level of brewing skills based on the type of question)
If I were in a place where supplies were difficult to obtain, I would buy a bag of good Pilsner malt and a pound of Hallertau Mittlefruh hops. Having packets of dry yeast on hand in a few different strains will complete the supplies that will allow you to brew anytime you want.
Best of luck. :)
best of thanks

Tettnang is some good shit yo. Also Fuggles is nice if you like English beers.

Reactions: J A

Back