Can't use my custom fermentable when building a recipe with fermentable percentages

An-For

Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't get the fermentable percentages to work with my custom fermentables when building a recipe. It works greate with the fermentables allready in Brewer's friend. I'v read the FAQ. Can't find anything that solves the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you check the box that says "Mashed"

Can you give me a screenshot of the issue? I can't recreate on my own, so we'd need to see the issue in order to fix it. Thank you so much!

This screenshot is with "My custom fermentables"
upload_2018-10-29_18-22-5.png

This one is with Brewer's friend fermentables.
upload_2018-10-29_18-23-43.png

looks like your OG is missing in the custom, that's probably it

Isn't the OG calculated based on the percentage value?

ok try this before clicking the goal button add a pound amount to all then click goal, it should work

I'm sorry to say, but it still doesn't work. It isn't possible to pick fermentables from the inventory tab either.
upload_2018-11-1_22-17-37.png

I just did and the first line works but adding something else blanks out the % so for example 90% custom two row and 10% black malt, you add the 10% and it goes back to 0 in the % field

so if you have any number in the pounds it works but if the pounds blank is 0 it doesn't

Hi, I can't use custom fermentables at all in a recipe I'm creating. It seems related to this thread? I added three different smoked malts to my inventory. I did check "mashed".

When creating the recipe, I am unable to choose them from my Inventory list (I can click and it does nothing).
Also, if I set my inventory filter, when I search for smoked, it doesn't even show up as an option.

Edit: On a hunch, I changed the PPG to each of them from 0 to 1. Now I am able to select and add from my inventory filter. However, I am still unable to click-add them from the Inventory list menu.

Edit2: OK I just learned what PPG means and figured out it should really be 37 for these malts. Still having the issue though.

Screenshots attached for clarity:

problemscreen1.png

problemscreen2.png

problemscreen3.png

Last edited:
Hi, I can't use custom fermentables at all in a recipe I'm creating. It seems related to this thread? I added three different smoked malts to my inventory. I did check "mashed".

When creating the recipe, I am unable to choose them from my Inventory list (I can click and it does nothing).
Also, if I set my inventory filter, when I search for smoked, it doesn't even show up as an option.

Edit: On a hunch, I changed the PPG to each of them from 0 to 1. Now I am able to select and add from my inventory filter. However, I am still unable to click-add them from the Inventory list menu.

Edit2: OK I just learned what PPG means and figured out it should really be 37 for these malts. Still having the issue though.

Screenshots attached for clarity:

View attachment 4322

View attachment 4323

View attachment 4324

Can you send me the link to the recipe? I want to see it for myself. Thanks!

Back