A Millennial Job Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is here, you can't afford beer on $12 an hour. Or much else, for that matter.
Yeah maybe take up homebrewing.
But s Mark made me realize our cost of living is higher you can pay near $10. For a schooner of "craft" beer here!

Yeah maybe take up homebrewing.
But s Mark made me realize our cost of living is higher you can pay near $10. For a schooner of "craft" beer here!
I've never been able to save money by homebrewing. In fact, I could likely buy craft beer far cheaper than I make it when you factor in the cost of equipment, time....

Wait, you're saying VB isn't a craft beer??!! I have 2 reports in Sydney and it's closer to Alberta for wages than the US where you guys are busying trying to build another gilded age.

Conversely the guy I replaced when I started here was in his 50s and on paper better than me in every way. I spent nearly a year cleaning up what he broke while not sitting watching Netflix on company time.

Wait, you're saying VB isn't a craft beer??!! I have 2 reports in Sydney and it's closer to Alberta for wages than the US where you guys are busying trying to build another gilded age.

Conversely the guy I replaced when I started here was in his 50s and on paper better than me in every way. I spent nearly a year cleaning up what he broke while not sitting watching Netflix on company time.

I'm sure he only watched Netflix when the Oilers weren't playing:)

:) funniest thing about this humorous video is how seriously y'all take it

Cheap shots about how lazy and clueless my generation is for a decade or more gets a little old after a while.

Cheap shots about how lazy and clueless my generation is for a decade or more gets a little old after a while.
Yeah. I'm counting on you guys for my social security for the next 30 years.... ;)

And someone gave them all trophies and participation awards, they didn't just do that on their own. That's what really gets me

And someone gave them all trophies and participation awards, they didn't just do that on their own. That's what really gets me
We were their parents and grandparents - doesn't that make it our fault?

Well not that I care either way but yesterday according to says statistics I heard on radio that youngsters aged between 18-29 are drinking less alcohol and are less likely to binge drink. Also the older generation 29 up are more likely to binge drink sorta flipside I think.... my source ABC radio

I'm in the older generation bracket 35 binge drinker - full time :rolleyes:

We were their parents and grandparents - doesn't that make it our fault?
It's a bit chicken and the egg I think. With a little one now, I can see myself helping to encourage him now and again. Like maybe not trying as hard at a board game every once in a while or something.
We want to give the best to our kids, but kids are also great at adapting to their environment. And once established, habits are hard to break....
Can you tell I got into the crowler of raspberry vanilla milkshake ipa?

It's a bit chicken and the egg I think. With a little one now, I can see myself helping to encourage him now and again. Like maybe not trying as hard at a board game every once in a while or something.
We want to give the best to our kids, but kids are also great at adapting to their environment. And once established, habits are hard to break....
Can you tell I got into the crowler of raspberry vanilla milkshake ipa?

It doesn't help that Boomers seem to have turned MIllenial into a term covering anyone born after 1980. Do you want to shit the 18 year old or the 37 year old? Neither of us will ever be able to afford anything the way things are going anyway.

It doesn't help that Boomers seem to have turned MIllenial into a term covering anyone born after 1980. Do you want to shit the 18 year old or the 37 year old? Neither of us will ever be able to afford anything the way things are going anyway.
Sadly, those are true words.

Is there a new internet rule of thumb on how long it will take for someone to trot out the participation award nonsense? Is it 6 posts .. 2 pages .. an hour and a half??

Guessing i'm not the only 'old' guy following this thread with a big smile on his face.

#over50hashtagginwithpleasure!

#knowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back