10 oz Munich
4 oz Torrified Wheat

Hops:
Columbus @ 60
Chinook, Centennial & Simcoe @ 15
Chinook, Centennial & Simcoe WP
Simcoe & Mosaic DH or Simcoe & Citra DH

Thoughts on this hop combo?
would 1:1:1 work or should I showcase one of the hops?
DH: would 1:1 work or again showcase one?
When brewing IPA/APA's I usually aim for 5-7 oz DH, usually all added at one time for 4-5 days.

Yes! It's one of my favorite combos. I tend to space out the additions to coax out some extra complexity but this will work. I dry hop with all 3 and haven't used Mosaic or Citra with it. I did throw some Amarillo in the DH for the last batch I did and it was pretty perfect. If I had to choose between Mosaic and Citra I'd go with Mosaic but definitely hit it with some Centennial, too.
Also, I like Warrior for bittering with this combo.

Yes! It's one of my favorite combos. I tend to space out the additions to coax out some extra complexity but this will work. I dry hop with all 3 and haven't used Mosaic or Citra with it. I did throw some Amarillo in the DH for the last batch I did and it was pretty perfect. If I had to choose between Mosaic and Citra I'd go with Mosaic but definitely hit it with some Centennial, too.
Also, I like Warrior for bittering with this combo.
10-4. Thanks for the info.

Here's what I come up with for the hop additions:
Warrior .15 oz @ 30
Centennial/Chinook/Simcoe .15 oz each @ 20
Cent/Chinook/Simcoe .20 oz each @10
Cent/Chinook/Simcoe 1 oz each WP for 20 min @ 170 degrees
Mosaic/Chinook/Simcoe 2 oz each DH for 4 days
I left Centennial out for DH as I've heard it can produce some weird flavors. I've only dry hopped with centennial one time and it was a few years ago but cant recall if any negative impact.

Good or change?

Looks good to me. I wouldn't hesitate to use Centennial anywhere in the hop schedule. It's pretty steady and predictable. But you have enough going on there that you won't miss whatever it might add. You'll be doubling down on the fruit notes in the aroma/flavor with the Mosaic and Simcoe in the dry hop. I get grapefruit/pineapple from the Mosaic and mango from the Simcoe I'm always reminded of the Tropical Lifesavers we had when I was a kid, especially the white one and the light orange one. :)
The other combo I really like is Columbus/Centennial. Columbus (CTZ) can add some big dank/pot notes along with the piney/floral/tropical flavors. I find that very appealing because it tends to ground everything and bring all the flavors together.

I may go ahead and add centennial as a DH. I have enough. I do like Centennial as I have brewed Bells Two Hearted a few times.

I like using Columbus, but I've only used it as a bittering charge. I do like it and may have to get some for use down the road. Only have about 3 oz left off of a 1/2 lb I ordered end of last year.
Again, appreciate the input.

Reactions: J A

Back