Custom Brew Steps

Looks great! I'll give it a try for next brew day. Just a quick comment from first glance - Could this be set up like the equipment profiles where you can create as many different Brew Steps as you'd like and then select the set you want when you start your brew session? Just thinking some people may occasionally decoct, BIAB with and without sparge, or a million other ways home brewers like to make life more complicated for themselves without having to customize the brew/setup steps each time. Thanks for all your hard work!

Looks great! I'll give it a try for next brew day. Just a quick comment from first glance - Could this be set up like the equipment profiles where you can create as many different Brew Steps as you'd like and then select the set you want when you start your brew session? Just thinking some people may occasionally decoct, BIAB with and without sparge, or a million other ways home brewers like to make life more complicated for themselves without having to customize the brew/setup steps each time. Thanks for all your hard work!

Hi, no multiple profiles for brew steps, we are trying to keep it simple. In this case I could add a Sparge step to your defaults under BIAB and when you brew if you decide not to use it then remove it from the brew session.

Hi, no multiple profiles for brew steps, we are trying to keep it simple. In this case I could add a Sparge step to your defaults under BIAB and when you brew if you decide not to use it then remove it from the brew session.

For the "time" in the pre-mash steps, that was a little confusing but I see that we can move it up/down as needed. I see that we'd need a "time" for the mash or boil steps usually.

Fair enough. I suppose a lot of the customization is built in through what's being pulled from the recipe anyway so that would cover some of the various things people might do. Thanks!

I've inadvertently deleted the timers for my hop additions, any ideas how to get it back into my brew steps.
They were there yesterday but I was having issues with my mash timers that I ended up having to enter manually and had a dopey moment and deleted all boil timer steps.
cheers toot

I've inadvertently deleted the timers for my hop additions, any ideas how to get it back into my brew steps.
They were there yesterday but I was having issues with my mash timers that I ended up having to enter manually and had a dopey moment and deleted all boil timer steps.
cheers toot

You've deleted them as brew steps, or as timed additions in the recipe? If you deleted them as brew steps, you can edit that and put them back. Can you explain where this was?

You've deleted them as brew steps, or as timed additions in the recipe? If you deleted them as brew steps, you can edit that and put them back. Can you explain where this was?
'In the boil section-
All boil steps;selecting this option will toogle all boil steps'
Was deleted and i assume this is why all my timed addition have been deleted from my boil brew steps.

'In the boil section-
All boil steps;selecting this option will toogle all boil steps'
Was deleted and i assume this is why all my timed addition have been deleted from my boil brew steps.

Yes, that would do it! You can put back the ones you need, instead of toggling them all off, and then have it customized to your needs.

Yes, that would do it! You can put back the ones you need, instead of toggling them all off, and then have it customized to your needs.
Many thanks Yooper,i will try that.
My main concern is if this is going to mean i have to change my customized brew steps in the boil section(for my hop additions)every time i do a different recipe?
Previously all timed hop additions from recipe(s) carried over into the customized brew steps,which is obviously more ideal as once customized brew steps is set up it would be great if you don't have to modify it for each recipe/brew session.
Happy Brewing
Cheers toot

Many thanks Yooper,i will try that.
My main concern is if this is going to mean i have to change my customized brew steps in the boil section(for my hop additions)every time i do a different recipe?
Previously all timed hop additions from recipe(s) carried over into the customized brew steps,which is obviously more ideal as once customized brew steps is set up it would be great if you don't have to modify it for each recipe/brew session.
Happy Brewing
Cheers toot

Once you have the steps you want individually, they will all carry over to the next recipe as well. I use the same brew steps every brew, and don't change them.

Is there anyway to get it to read what the Expected Kettle Volume should be at the end of the boil? I know I can make a brew log entry, click on Boil complete and it gives me the amount there...anyway It can be incorporated in the brew steps?

Having a play with this today. Very nice.

Some of the play was on Chrome on the phone (Pixel 2XL). Really struggled to check the checkboxes on the mash steps using the touch approach. No trouble checking them on the laptop using the touch screen. The phone resolution is pretty good, but it was small enough to force the reflow of the checkbox and label onto two lines.

Back