Ready for first brew.....

If you can get up to Aurora, the Brew Hut has Root Shoot Pale Ale malt. It's quite good, in fact, it's the only bag of grain in my basement. I haven't seen Colorado Malting's products there in a while but they have really good pale ale malt, as well.
Altitude brewing in Denver has it as well, got a bag yesterday for $65

ok, so this just went down.....Oxi is CIP'ing right now

1.050 pre bpoil
1.060 OG
5.5 transferred to fermentor.

Need to adjust boil rate I think and tighten up the mill just a bit...
But for the most part, everything seemed to work out pretty well.
I am super rusty at brewing, but it will come back.

trying to keep trub out of the fermentor, so I recirculate to chill instead of my usual single pass,but chill times were ok.
pitched a bit warmer than I wanted, 71F,but it will come down in the fridge.....

Super happy with the system.

T

Congrats, keep us posted

Just curious as to why you'd use acidulated malt when you still end up needing an acid addition for the mash. At the price, I'd sub out the acidulated malt with base malt and just use lactic acid for pH adjustment. And, good luck with your new system.

Just curious as to why you'd use acidulated malt when you still end up needing an acid addition for the mash. At the price, I'd sub out the acidulated malt with base malt and just use lactic acid for pH adjustment. And, good luck with your new system.
good question....

20180905_061020.jpg

hit 1.010 - ish.......not sure i like the sample taste, and it was super hazy........
cold crashing now, in Celcius is 5c good?

I keep a thermometer in the fridge in a glass of water, when I cold crash I adjust it down to 0C / 32F, when I'm done I put it back up to 36F or so.

Back