Using the BF Brew Session

Craigerrr

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I have not used this option on a brew day yet, do some of you, most of you, or any of you guys use this feature?
I would probably try to recreate my most recent brew day to learn the steps and how it works, as I think I would rather not be learning how to use it on the fly. Thoughts, comments, and suggestions are welcomed.
TIA,
Craigerrr

I have not used this option on a brew day yet, do some of you, most of you, or any of you guys use this feature?
I would probably try to recreate my most recent brew day to learn the steps and how it works, as I think I would rather not be learning how to use it on the fly. Thoughts, comments, and suggestions are welcomed.
TIA,
Craigerrr
I keep most of my notes on paper in a binder. There are a lot of factors that I like to record that the brew session doesn't allow. I do use the Brew Log to keep track of my "major" statistics like efficiency, etc. But for the most part, it's ink on paper.

I use it almost exclusively. I've started printing them out though so I have a hard copy to make notes on.

Reactions: J A
I'm with Hawkbox on this one...I keep all my notes in the brew sessions. I started keeping basic notes about volumes and gravity readings some time ago but have gradually gotten to where I use it to handle water requirements and, more recently, water chemistry profile. I could brew without it at this point, but I just don't think I would. I find it invaluable. ;)

I use it every time I brew, I mostly use it to record my session and keep it listed in my account

Thanks for the feedback guys, I think I will do a trial run based on a previous brew day just to see the functionality, and become familiar with it

I use it as well. It makes it nice to have everything organized in one spot. You can even go back and add to your logs. Someone awhile back requested a 'notes' feature and that was added in and comes in useful for me also.

I think I will do a trial run based on a previous brew day just to see the functionality, and become familiar with it
You don't necessarily need to follow the brewday procedures...I ignore that stuff. Where it really comes in handy is in recording brewday stats and fermentation times/temps that will help keep track of beers as you rebrew using the same recipe, etc. I'm always referring to the notes I make during fermentation to see how long it takes to package a particular beer for scheduling purposes and that sort of thing. I also use it to keep track of inventory because it'll automatically deduct ingredients when you use it.

Thanks, I like the timers, that will save me from setting a bunch of timers on my phone when there area number of hop additions.

Yep i love the brew log feature invaluable my handwriting is messy as and you dont get wort stains all over a digital spread sheet.

I don't actually have the brew session open when I'm brewing. I just copy down some notes on a yellow pad for infusions, ingredients and hop additions. I guess if I had a lap top or I-pad handy at my brew station I'd use the brew session in real time and make notes as I go, but I tend to make a mess so rather than risk crapping out a computer I'm better off filling in the brew day entries later after I've got everything under control. :)

True that i use the Phone App so always on the standby.

Thanks again guys

Back