Impromptu Brew Session

jmcnamara

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
so, i've decided to brew next thursday after i take the kid to the doctor. now that fall is more or less here, i thought a nice brown ale was a good choice.

Take a look at what i put together (ignore the water profile part, i don't live there anymore and i still haven't messed with my water). I'm a little worried about all that brown malt, but wondering what others think.

Thanks!

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/698623/downtown-charlie

Mmmm, I love this time of year. All the browns, stouts, and even the RIS' popping up. Good to rinse all the delicious summer hazzies off my tongue.

i really need to try my hand at a RIS or a baltic porter

Same here! I've yet to really nail down a good stout so I've been a bit cautious going into the deep end of the pool.

According to what pops up when you click on the brown malt in the recipe you can use up to 45% in a British brown and you are at 21% so your good there.

This has been kegged for a little bit and I tried some last night.
Keg was not chilled, so after all the foam died down, it was a really nice and malty beer. Maybe a little on the thin side, but glad to find out my somewhat arbitrary water adjustment more or less worked (Or at least they didn't not work)

Back