Where has Source Water Input gone?!

Cantthink

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'v been using the Advanced Water Calculator for years with no problem, I don't use the rest of Brewers Friend for anything else, if I'm honest. Suddenly when trying to use the calculator I'm faced with no option to input my source water. Can anyone explain why, or how I could correct this?

I've always inputted my source water manually. I thought perhaps the calculator has been updated somehow so have even added my source water profile to the website under the 'water profiles' button, and yet theres still no way of opening it, or loading it to the advanced calculator. All I'm faced with it this:

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 19.58.17.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe some glitches in the app. I did see you can load your altered water profile to your recipie now to reflect changed salt additions which is cool. Maybe this mighta threw a spanner in the worx?

We are in the process of rolling back the update, because some of the features are great but some are having issues. I'll keep you posted!

We are in the process of rolling back the update, because some of the features are great but some are having issues. I'll keep you posted!

Ah thank you, having the option to have a stand alone Advanced Water Calculator would be great. Even better if there was smartphone app versions!

Ah thank you, having the option to have a stand alone Advanced Water Calculator would be great. Even better if there was smartphone app versions!

Well, the smartphone all version is way down on the list I'm afraid (but you can use the web version on any phone), but we want to have both a stand alone calculator AND have it able to integrate into the recipe as well. We're actively working on fixing this right now!

Back