Quiet in here today....

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing crickets! What's going on out there today?

Taking care of some crap at work as a result of someone here not doing a good job...
Rest assured I will be drinking and posting about having homebrew tonight...

GABF members-only presale starts in about a half-hour. I'm going for tickets to the Thursday evening session. Taking a friend with me who knows Dr. Charlie Bamforth - could be an interesting conversation!

On vacation in Washington. Too busy exploring Olympic National Park and local beers. :D
We were in Tacoma for 4 days and I collected about a dozen local and area brews to sample.
We've been having some incredible days hiking and sight-seeing and even better happy hours at our Air B and B cottage. :)

Last edited:
Ugh! Had to get out and mow the lawns before it got hot. Was 102 yesterday and the prediction is pretty close to that today, and smoky too. Lots of fires in Calif. and the wind blows the smoke this way. Those greenies are polluting our otherwise clean air.

Got my GABF tickets for the Thursday evening session. I'll have two of my recipes on tap there - looking forward to trying them out!
I'll have a beer on tap there as well, it's in the Pro-Am so I'm not sure what session it will be served at. I went last to 2 or 3 sessions last year, so I had my fill of GABF for now. Maybe next year.

I actually projects I need to give attention to for a change. It's a weird feeling.

On vacation in Washington. Too busy exploring Olympic National Park and local beers. :D
We were in Tacoma for 4 days and I collected about a dozen local and area brews to sample.
We've been having some incredible days hiking and sight-seeing and even better happy hours at our Air B and B cottage. :)
my kids live there, it's nice have fun

Reactions: J A
Welcome to Washington! You arrived just in time for all the wildfires to really impact visibility, but the Olympics are spectacular regardless :)

There is almost a limitless supply of breweries you could go to, depending on where you are staying.

Reactions: J A
Got my GABF tickets for the Thursday evening session. I'll have two of my recipes on tap there - looking forward to trying them out!

Yep. Got my "Paired" tickets today also for the Thursday night session. Keep me posted where you'll be and we'll stop by. Supposed to be a floor change this year. Thank goodness. The regional layout was a joke. Alphabetically is much better...at least while I remember the alphabet. :D

Yep. Got my "Paired" tickets today also for the Thursday night session. Keep me posted where you'll be and we'll stop by. Supposed to be a floor change this year. Thank goodness. The regional layout was a joke. Alphabetically is much better...at least while I remember the alphabet. :D
Send me a contact phone via private message and we'll meet up there.

Ugh! Had to get out and mow the lawns before it got hot. Was 102 yesterday and the prediction is pretty close to that today, and smoky too. Lots of fires in Calif. and the wind blows the smoke this way. Those greenies are polluting our otherwise clean air.
The CARR fire up in Redding is tragic. 880 homes have been destroyed. 8 lives lost. We actually had ash falling from the sky and we are 60 miles from the fire here in Chico. The sun looks like an orange and you can stare straight at it. The moon looks like a jack o'lantern. It has been over 100 for two weeks straight here. Mostly around 105.

Sorry but the greenies comment is a bit hard to swallow in that context.

California contributes 2.6 Trillion to the U.S. GDP, almost twice as much as the next state. By comparison what most states contribute is a rounding error.

California is the land of diversity. Diverse culture, diverse politics, diverse geography and I'm quite proud to live here.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ. That's terrible.

Send me a contact phone via private message and we'll meet up there.

Will do for sure! My approach may be a little different this year at GABF. I'd really like to spend more on the Pro-Am beers. I've heard they are actually some of the best hidden secrets at the festival. What's your opinion on that @Nosybear?

Pray for them and all those suffering from disaster as well as those who put themselves in harms way to protect :)

I work for a company that was heavily involved in the fires around Fort McMurray a couple years ago, it was a miracle no one died during that.

GABF members-only presale starts in about a half-hour. I'm going for tickets to the Thursday evening session. Taking a friend with me who knows Dr. Charlie Bamforth - could be an interesting conversation!

Charlie is an interesting guy for sure- and more than just beer talk. He's a really well rounded and intelligent family man.

I've never been to GABF, and don't have plans to go this year or next. I always think "maybe someday", but it's just never been a priority for my beercations yet. I hope you have another great time!

I'd really like to spend more on the Pro-Am beers. I've heard they are actually some of the best hidden secrets at the festival.

I don't what Nosey Bear thinks, but I concur!

Pray for them and all those suffering from disaster as well as those who put themselves in harms way to protect :)
Absolutley! I wish I could do more.

Ive even heard yesterday that firefighters are leaving Aus to head over and help out with them fires so must be real bad. Sure looks scary stuff watching footage.on the box Hell on Earth! Sounds like its been a bad fire season for Nothern Hemisphere didnt Sweden and Russia have some big fires. I herd someone round here quote Ironically " its burning in the Arctic Circle"o_O:confused:.

Back