Just starting out

Amy Smardz

Trial Member
Reaction score
My husband used to home brew years ago and I want him to teach me the craft. Last week we made a simple refill kit of American and a larger batch of Blueberry Honey. We are President and Vice President of a Polish Cultural Library, Club and Working Theatre in Buffalo New York where Craftbrewing is a big deal. We would like to get involved in crafting our own beer since we have a ready audience of beer drinkers at the Club. Just learning but it's exciting

welcome to the site and good luck, being a member here unlocks a bunch of possibilities ;)

Onya Amy enjoy and good luck with the upcomming first batches.

Welcome, and good luck with the brewing. How did the brews come out?

Welcome. I'm slowly getting my wife interested in brewing more than wine too.

My husband used to home brew years ago and I want him to teach me the craft. Last week we made a simple refill kit of American and a larger batch of Blueberry Honey. We are President and Vice President of a Polish Cultural Library, Club and Working Theatre in Buffalo New York where Craftbrewing is a big deal. We would like to get involved in crafting our own beer since we have a ready audience of beer drinkers at the Club. Just learning but it's exciting

Thats how it starts. Good luck to you both, i am in Pennsylvania so i may make a trip up to new york sometime to check it out.

I'm working a Piwo Grodziskie right now, will be on tap from Rockyard Brewing at the GABF.... Interested?

Thats how it starts. Good luck to you both, i am in Pennsylvania so i may make a trip up to new york sometime to check it out.
We would love that. We go to Pennsylvania too. My husband's brother lives in Erie. Are you close? We could do an exchange student program LOL

Welcome. I'm slowly getting my wife interested in brewing more than wine too.
I actually stick with drinking vodka because I'm a fitness trainer. But I like to cook so it seems like I could do it but like I've mentioned I'm a little nervous it won't come out......

Kinda scared at the same time that they won't turn out......:eek:

If it doesn't turn out it doesn't turn out. I've gotten lucky and never had to dump a batch, but I've definitely had batches I personally didn't care for.

I actually stick with drinking vodka because I'm a fitness trainer. But I like to cook so it seems like I could do it but like I've mentioned I'm a little nervous it won't come out......

You're taking a dangerous risk brewing beer without wanting to drink it. ;) I give away a lot of beer personally.

Back