Water transport

Mjr6313

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hey brewers I'm building a home brewery from scratch and going down the BIAB and no chill method due several factors that I cant change ( MAYBE ) my closest tap is 15 meters away from the only place I can put my equipment it would be more like 5 if I could put holes in the walls. I have stage 4 muscle weakness and can't lift the 7 gallons needed to fill my kettle / boil pot, at most I could lift 3 gallons but not transport, lift then repeat and due to lack of money can't afford to get a water source installed. So is their another way

I fill 5 or 7 gallon buckets from the sink and use movers dollies like this to wheel buckets from the kitchen.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71ftF1dD3mL._SL1500_.jpg
You'll be left with the issue of getting the water from the buckets to the pot, but you could use an in expensive food grade pump to do so. Come to think of it, you'll be needing to lift a full, wet grain bag so you'll have to employ some sort of pulley lift for that. Just use the same thing for the water buckets and tip the water into the pot.
Seems to me that your lifting worries aren't over once the boil is done. You'll need to figure out how to get 5 gallons of wort into a fermenter and transfer finished beer, etc.

Can you get a food grade hose to run from the tap to your brewery?

Reactions: J A
Simple problems have simple solutions.

I get away with a lot by being a farm boy with mule strength, but honestly a garden hose would probably do the trick before you overthink it to much. Flush a bit through before you use it to clear the line but realistically it's not that big of a deal.

As you get more dialed in you'll come up with solutions that fit your personal needs and situtation. I get away with lifting a 9 gallon kettle of water over my head as part of my brew day, but I'm trying to figure out how to stop doing that cause it sucks.

I Have a complicated system but still brew out doors and I use a 50 foot camping hose from the outside hose bib to my 2 stage filter then a 25 foot to my rig all fitted with quick connects and ball valves as well as my sprayer to the sink

Id go food grade have you ever drunk water out the garden hose its a distinct flavour :p for sure itd show up in your beer.

Back