Inventory Update Issues

eheeke

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I've had trouble in the last few days with updating my inventory. It seems to primarily impact the Fermentables section. When I updated the quantity of an item and saved it, the name of the fermentable completely disappeared. It showed a blank space for the name but the rest of the info remained. I edited the same item and added the name back in from the list, and it took. Now when I update this item, all is OK. It seems to only impact the first time I update an inventory item. Now I'll have to go through each inventory item individually and reenter the name to ensure I don't lose anything.

The hop section was a little different. When I edited a hop, I got an "Incorrect Category" error at first. When I edited the hop entry again and reselected hops, then the update took OK. It happened for more than one hop.

This may be related to the recent site updates.

Thanks, Eric

I've had trouble in the last few days with updating my inventory. It seems to primarily impact the Fermentables section. When I updated the quantity of an item and saved it, the name of the fermentable completely disappeared. It showed a blank space for the name but the rest of the info remained. I edited the same item and added the name back in from the list, and it took. Now when I update this item, all is OK. It seems to only impact the first time I update an inventory item. Now I'll have to go through each inventory item individually and reenter the name to ensure I don't lose anything.

The hop section was a little different. When I edited a hop, I got an "Incorrect Category" error at first. When I edited the hop entry again and reselected hops, then the update took OK. It happened for more than one hop.

Thanks, Eric
I can confirm this as well. I updated quantities on my yeast and the field "blanked". When I manually repopulated the field it drew down from a list and now all my Wyeast yeasts have the word "Wyeast" in bold as the first word of the yeast name. It appears the brand name has been prepended to the yeast names and that is new.

As an aside, since the updates my quick water calculations and efficiency calculations are all over the place. I particularly like my 231.6% conversion efficiency, pre-boil 215%, ending kettle 65% and brewhouse of 43%. Something is not quite right after the upgrade.

Cheers

What OS are you using, and does this happen with all recipes?
I've just posted another thread regarding Quick Water Calculations - I think it is all related somehow. I can confirm that the quick water problem seems to be happening on all my current recipes. I have deleted and recreated my equipment profile and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I use both Windows 10 and Mac OS - latest version. I am using Firefox on each OS. It doesn't seem to matter which platform I use - I'm guessing the efficiency values are saved in the backend. I'm assuming the quick water requirements are dynamically generated when you select that option.
I've just checked my brew log for some earlier brews and their efficiency numbers are good. I also checked an earlier brew and the quick water requirements seems to be working correctly. So it appears to be only happening recently.

Thanks, Eric
Same thing is happening to me.

I noticed your post about rolling out on a fix last Friday and thought I'd check it out. I didn't have any more problems with updating my fermentables; however, I might not have any old entries left over, which is where the issue occurs.

I'm sorry to say that I still see issues with the hops and yeasts update.

1) For the hops, I get an error "Inventory Category Invalid" the first time I try to update an entry. The second time it works OK.
2) For the yeast, it's clear that the entries in the drop down list have changed. As MattSwanson noted previously, each entry now has the brand name at the front. I like this new format for listing; however, I'll have to be careful to fix each of my entries by hand before I lose them. I'm not sure how this will impact the recipes that I've already created with the 'old name' format.

Thanks.

1) It won't affect old recipes, we haven't seen this error but will look for it in the code and see if it can be fixed.
2) Auto complete has been added to yeast so just start typing either white labs or WLP or 001, the name change in the drop down doesn't affect the recipe.

I noticed your post about rolling out on a fix last Friday and thought I'd check it out. I didn't have any more problems with updating my fermentables; however, I might not have any old entries left over, which is where the issue occurs.

I'm sorry to say that I still see issues with the hops and yeasts update.

1) For the hops, I get an error "Inventory Category Invalid" the first time I try to update an entry. The second time it works OK.
2) For the yeast, it's clear that the entries in the drop down list have changed. As MattSwanson noted previously, each entry now has the brand name at the front. I like this new format for listing; however, I'll have to be careful to fix each of my entries by hand before I lose them. I'm not sure how this will impact the recipes that I've already created with the 'old name' format.

Thanks.
And I've just found the same problem in the fermentable section as mentioned above. Along with a Grams/Pounds substitution which is spooky. Cheers.

Back