Hop Crop 2018

It's snowed an inch here so far today. So screw you guys.

Still waiting for the thaw up here in God's country! I've got 4 cascades I planted last year that did very well for the first year, can't wait to see how they do this year! I ordered 2 chinook and 2 centennial to plant this yearif it ever thaws out! Global warming hmmmmmmmm.......

Here: 80 degrees yesterday, two inches of snow on the deck this morning. Gotta love that Colorado weather!
Yeah, We're getting like 70 mph gusts...just blew the lid off my Weber kettle...now I'm pissed!

Yeah, We're getting like 70 mph gusts...just blew the lid off my Weber kettle...now I'm pissed!
Windy here - Not sure how high the gusts are. No snow though, not since this morning.

The sun has decided to come out, and we're sitting at a balmy 6C.

The sun has decided to come out, and we're sitting at a balmy 6C.
You'll be having the last laugh in July/August when we're well over 100F for weeks at a time. :)

It hit 11C today and I had my bike out for the first time this year, a month later than last year. Only got about 40km on the ride but it was still nice to get out.

this is my first year and i bought a cascade rhizome. seems to be doing pretty well tho i have nothing to compare it to.
hops2.jpg

sweet mate good luck ive got one prob 6 months old started out just like that. as a green hop grower its cool watching the bines grow higher.

We've had a bunch of rain then heat recently and my hops are going apeshitute! I left my guide wire up from last year and will just string up some new twine with the wire for them to climb.

I picked a "spring crop", about a double handful, from my 2nd year Centennials. They'll add a little touch of flavor to a small batch. If I can keep them watered enough over what promises to be a pretty drought-y summer, they should produce well in the fall.

We ordered five Cascade, five Centennial, two Styrian Golding, and two Willamette. I can't even keep tomato plants alive that was the reason for the quantity. We put them in pots a couple of weeks ago with potting mix Miracle Gro or VIgaro. These plants are incredible, they have become out new "deck pets". I initially thought they would be good just to learn about the plants, but they are so much fun, we laugh every day at their growth. "Day of the Triffids" I color coded the pots, terra cotta are Cascade, light green are Centennial, black are Golding, dark green are Willamette.
Bunny Hops Farm.jpg
Cascade Hop Pot.jpg
Centennial Hop Pot.jpg
Styrian Hop Pot.jpg
Willamette Hop Pot.jpg

Lookin good! I don't know much about hops but i did 1st year in pot but this growing season im throwing mine in the earth. I find everything grows better in the ground than in a pot.

Next year youll have hops coming out ya ears!

Back