Erdinger clone attempt

Medarius

Trial Member
Reaction score
Greetings,
After so much reading I think I wore out my spectacles, I think I have narrowed down the ingredients in Erdinger Weissbier. Finally found a hops list but no amounts or times of course.

Trying to use the 3 hops but not sure if I have the order right. I am going for low bitterness with citrus floral aroma.
Any suggestions on which you would use first-last will be taken into account and as always,
thanks in advance.

Erdinger Clone - All Grain Weissbier

Going to use Hermann Decoction on this one ,

https://edelstoffquest.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/img_2331.jpg
Wheat Beers with Herrmann –

which is a little different from what I put in mash guide.
For non german readers.
First mash in , on diagram, done with 50% of grist is infusion. Rest of diagram for dbl decoction

Happy brewing

Last edited:
Noice! Let me know how it turns out, I want to try it myself.

looks good to me, I like how simple it is, big breweries really don't use as many different ingredients and people think

That was something that surprised me when I started talking to the breweries around here. You look at homebrew recipes and they have a ridiculous amount of ingredients or steps, then you talk to the bigger breweries and they have 3-4 ingredients.

ive done 3 decoctions thus far.
as in your recipie i always make sure decoction is saccarified ( dint know if this is a word) first then bring to boil add back to main mash. i begin at Beta amelase as in protiene rest i dont want to let the main mash run long at this temp (one burner). 2nd decoction is for Alpha but i dont bother with the saccarifiacation rest this time as thats taken place in both decoction and main mash now?? so i boil my second and add back to hit alpha rest 69c ish or above this is thick decoction too.

whats the GO with the thin decoction? maybe i should go read you link:rolleyes:..

i
whats the GO with the thin decoction? maybe i should go read you link:rolleyes:..

Thin to me is 50/50 grist/wort, as opposed to thick which is mostly grist. Not sure if answering what you're asking. I am just following the diagram I posted.
On last decoction step Dunnmaische 8 l (part with hose laying across :) ) is why I am going thin mash on end.

Back